Software update 4.1.3.3 (release date June 17th, 2019)

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
Details of the SW 4.1.3.3 update
Applicable to the new OMNI-C modules only.

Theft protection
o PIN minimum length set at 5 digits
o If the PIN has been entered incorrectly three times, the input field is blocked for 1minute
o In the locked state, the motor already locks at very slow speed

New Features
o It can be selected whether a dynamic remaining range should be displayed instead of the battery charge level
o If there is no GPS connection, the bike will be located via the GSM connection.

Various Optimization:
o Improved installation of updates
o When charging the battery, the charge level is transmitted to the app at regular intervals.

Last edited:
I recently bought an st2 with an OMNI-C and wanted to know how others are seeing their bikes on the app map. Usually my bike shows 4-5 blocks away (San Francisco) from my actual location. This has been pretty consistent no matter where I ride my bike. Is this the general accuracy of the GPS or does my OMNI-C have issues? I noticed that the GPS icon will be grayed out, but I've never seen it illuminated all white like, say the update alert icon. Does this mean there is no GPS connection and I am only getting GSM? Currently have the 4.1.3.3 update.

I noticed that the GPS icon will be grayed out, but I've never seen it illuminated all white like, say the update alert icon. Does this mean there is no GPS connection and I am only getting GSM?

That's correct.
For GPS to catch on, it needs open space. Thick concrete walls or wooden structures can weaken the signal. If you live on the 1st floor but the house has 3 floors, then again it could be an issue.
Have you tried locating your bike in open space?

That's correct.
For GPS to catch on, it needs open space. Thick concrete walls or wooden structures can weaken the signal. If you live on the 1st floor but the house has 3 floors, then again it could be an issue.
Have you tried locating your bike in open space?

Yes, I have traveled and monitored trying the app all around city and suburbs and the same issue happens consistently where the icon will be grayed but not light up fully. Testing in the suburbs (East Bay) outside in open space still places my bike far away from my actual location. If it were to get stolen I feel like I would need to search a large radius to find it. Is this the extent of the GPS mapping?

Yes, I have traveled and monitored trying the app all around city and suburbs and the same issue happens consistently where the icon will be grayed but not light up fully. Testing in the suburbs (East Bay) outside in open space still places my bike far away from my actual location. If it were to get stolen I feel like I would need to search a large radius to find it. Is this the extent of the GPS mapping?
I also live in sf and have the same issues (ST5). However the lastest update has improved the accuracy. Down to a block or two from actual location, still not great though. There are certain places you’ll get 100 percent accuracy and one of them is twin peaks. How does your Bluetooth and seamless work for you?

I also live in sf and have the same issues (ST5). However the lastest update has improved the accuracy. Down to a block or two from actual location, still not great though. There are certain places you’ll get 100 percent accuracy and one of them is twin peaks. How does your Bluetooth and seamless work for you?

Ah I see, glad it's not just my omni. Rode last weekend around the Richmond/Marina area and I agree, the accuracy was improved. I haven't tried seamless much as I don't keep my bluetooth on at all times but I'm thinking of giving it a go out of convenience.

Details of the SW 4.1.3.3 update
Applicable to the new OMNI-C modules only.

Theft protection
o PIN minimum length set at 5 digits
o If the PIN has been entered incorrectly three times, the input field is blocked for 1minute
o In the locked state, the motor already locks at very slow speed

New Features
o It can be selected whether a dynamic remaining range should be displayed instead of the battery charge level
o If there is no GPS connection, the bike will be located via the GSM connection.

Various Optimization:
o Improved installation of updates
o When charging the battery, the charge level is transmitted to the app at regular intervals.
I just bought my bike and the tech said he installed the latest software but it is not 4.1.3.3. Is that already available, and if not, will it automatically get downloaded to my bike?

I just bought my bike and the tech said he installed the latest software but it is not 4.1.3.3. Is that already available, and if not, will it automatically get downloaded to my bike?

This update is only for bikes with the new OMNI-C module. This module has faster processor and more RAM and as a result, it is a bit quicker.
This also runs on 3G network and as a result, connects faster to the data network.
If you just bought a bike, I highly recommend the new OMNI-C module, makes your OMNI theft protection a bit more robust.

Thank you for the info Ravi. When you say “new”, do you mean released just this year? This is an 2018 bike, but they remove the standard display and installed the color display. This is the OMNI C I believe. It is a color display and I can that there is a 3G indication on the upper left. Will the Stromer system see the existence of my display and update or is it up to the mechanic to request a push of new software. I’m going to have to call the LBS and see what’s up.

This update is only for bikes with the new OMNI-C module. This module has faster processor and more RAM and as a result, it is a bit quicker.
This also runs on 3G network and as a result, connects faster to the data network.
If you just bought a bike, I highly recommend the new OMNI-C module, makes your OMNI theft protection a bit more robust.
4.1.3.3 is downloading now. I’ve noticed “seamless” in the Bluetooth settings, what is that. Does that lock your bike when you leave and unlock as you approach?

This module has faster processor and more RAM and as a result, it is a bit quicker.

But the startup after mounting the battery on the ST3 or ST5 takes much longer than on the previous ST2s. If you use Bluetooth as a bike key, you may add some more time until your mobile is paired.
(Once running, the seamless / keyless funktion running almost without failure.)

Ravi, quick question...on the Omni C...I was not able to ascertain the "service" tab on the Omni C. Normally, holding the right hand brake and pressing on the menu tab used to show the "service" menu on my older Omni on my ST-2. Am wondering if the "service" tab is no longer on the Omni C ?

Hello,
Sorry for the silly quesiton but is there an option to update SW/FW by USB? I have a ST2 in Japan and Stromer does not provide service or support here. Additionally, can I upgrade my OMNI to an OMNI-C?
Thanks in advance,
Salim

Back