So quiet

teskow

Not much action on the Sondors site lately and miss it. I suppose most have put their bikes away for the winter. Living in the South West we tend to forget winter is raging around the country.
I would like to see more word, from the people waiting for their new Elite line bike, as am I. I have a Cruiser coming, hopefully in February and wondering if many others are expecting theirs in that time frame or later.
What I am also curious about is how many of the Elite line bikes Sondors has sold. I have no idea if it is a ton of them or just a few.
If anyone has an inside track please tell us.

Not much action on the Sondors site lately and miss it. I suppose most have put their bikes away for the winter. Living in the South West we tend to forget winter is raging around the country.
I would like to see more word, from the people waiting for their new Elite line bike, as am I. I have a Cruiser coming, hopefully in February and wondering if many others are expecting theirs in that time frame or later.
What I am also curious about is how many of the Elite line bikes Sondors has sold. I have no idea if it is a ton of them or just a few.
If anyone has an inside track please tell us.

I have the LX still on order. Came close to cancelling it but decided I'm going to try my best to stick it out. My original ship date upon ordering was for January. As of a couple weeks ago they (Sondors customer support) stated they looked up my order and it is slated to ship the week of February 15th. I receive the Elite Friday videos and the last one was pretty decent. They got a professional mountain biker on the Rockstar and put it through its paces. The videos overall have been very short and somewhat disappointing. They should just give their pre-production bikes to Court and the gang for real reviews. Some other bike manufacturers have gone that route in the past, using pre-production bikes for the EBR reviews. That would make for better content we all deserve for the money we forked over.

Their customer support did also mention the LX will now be standard with integrated front headlight and the range tests have exceeded the 60 mile estimate. That would have to be taken as a grain of salt because there are too many factors for range estimate.

A Bafang Ultra motor and 48v21ah battery alone are worth about $2k retail which is the primary reason I'm sticking it out for now. If they tell me I won't see the bike until March or April or later then I will be cancelling it and throwing my budget out the window to get something else.

You could join the Sondors group on facebook. Use a fake birthday if you're worried about privacy. You a;ways should anyway on the internet. Nonetheless, lots of folks chatter about their bikes on groups there.

$1999 for a mid drive is pretty good, except for the wait.

I have the LX still on order. Came close to cancelling it but decided I'm going to try my best to stick it out. My original ship date upon ordering was for January. As of a couple weeks ago they (Sondors customer support) stated they looked up my order and it is slated to ship the week of February 15th. I receive the Elite Friday videos and the last one was pretty decent. They got a professional mountain biker on the Rockstar and put it through its paces. The videos overall have been very short and somewhat disappointing. They should just give their pre-production bikes to Court and the gang for real reviews. Some other bike manufacturers have gone that route in the past, using pre-production bikes for the EBR reviews. That would make for better content we all deserve for the money we forked over.

Their customer support did also mention the LX will now be standard with integrated front headlight and the range tests have exceeded the 60 mile estimate. That would have to be taken as a grain of salt because there are too many factors for range estimate.

A Bafang Ultra motor and 48v21ah battery alone are worth about $2k retail which is the primary reason I'm sticking it out for now. If they tell me I won't see the bike until March or April or later then I will be cancelling it and throwing my budget out the window to get something else.
Wait, you have two bikes on order? Or you bailed on the MadMod?

Wait, you have two bikes on order? Or you bailed on the MadMod?

At the end of August I ordered a Fold XS. Then in September Sondors put out that reveal video of the elite line. Upon seeing actual real bikes and not renderings I put an order in for the LX and cancelled the Fold the following week.

Recently with the second round of delays from Sondors I started to think I had made a mistake trusting Sondors with my hard-earned money and began searching elsewhere. I was irritated, and in a rash decision ordered a bike from Bolton and put in a request to cancel the LX from Sondors. After sometime to collect my head I decided I should stick it out and wait for the Sondors. I cancelled the bike from Bolton and dropped my cancellation request from Sondors.

Yes this all sounds crazy and it has been. Not particularly fond of this whole experience so far. I just want the bike I paid for back in September and trying my hardest to hang on to the last thread of patience I have left.

At the end of August I ordered a Fold XS. Then in September Sondors put out that reveal video of the elite line. Upon seeing actual real bikes and not renderings I put an order in for the LX and cancelled the Fold the following week.

Recently with the second round of delays from Sondors I started to think I had made a mistake trusting Sondors with my hard-earned money and began searching elsewhere. I was irritated, and in a rash decision ordered a bike from Bolton and put in a request to cancel the LX from Sondors. After sometime to collect my head I decided I should stick it out and wait for the Sondors. I cancelled the bike from Bolton and dropped my cancellation request from Sondors.

Yes this all sounds crazy and it has been. Not particularly fond of this whole experience so far. I just want the bike I paid for back in September and trying my hardest to hang on to the last thread of patience I have left.
That does sound crazy. So.... no MadMod? (All those bikes sound awesome BTW.) I have a Juiced CCS2. I have that while i wait, but i'm in MN. So, too cold to bike anyways. I think you are in WI.

That does sound crazy. So.... no MadMod? (All those bikes sound awesome BTW.) I have a Juiced CCS2. I have that while i wait, but i'm in MN. So, too cold to bike anyways. I think you are in WI.

LI, NY. It's been pretty cold here recently too, but only just recently. We had a 62 degree day about 10 days ago that would have made for a perfect ride.

And yeah it has been really crazy and I'm not proud of it. Also when my wife heard about the 3rd bike I ordered, well let's just say she brought me back down to earth. The fact remains that a 21ah battery and ultra motor cannot be had anywhere else right now for $2000. And that is the main reason I am trying my best to hold out. Every other bike I've looked at either compromised battery size or motor to come even remotely close to that price point.

The MadMods look awesome but I was really set on a mid drive and more traditional bike layout

LI, NY. It's been pretty cold here recently too, but only just recently. We had a 62 degree day about 10 days ago that would have made for a perfect ride.

And yeah it has been really crazy and I'm not proud of it. Also when my wife heard about the 3rd bike I ordered, well let's just say she brought me back down to earth. The fact remains that a 21ah battery and ultra motor cannot be had anywhere else right now for $2000. And that is the main reason I am trying my best to hold out. Every other bike I've looked at either compromised battery size or motor to come even remotely close to that price point.

The MadMods look awesome but I was really set on a mid drive and more traditional bike layout
My story is a little similar.

I own a Juiced CCS2 and an Ariel Rider M-class. The M-class was technically for my wife, as it's a smaller bike and easier to maneuver. It's a great girl's bike. Anyways, she did not support buying the MadMod. But, I'd planned on buying a scrambler for some time, and it was too good to pass up. So, I ordered it, and she was NOT happy. Prior to the MadMod, I was debating a D-class.... so, the MadMod saved us money..... but (not surprisingly) that's not how she looked at the facts. So, MadMod will be our 3rd ebike.

Battery is a HUGE deal. Just a little, I wish i'd bought the CCX, which has a bigger battery. If I was not locked into MadMod, I'd probably buy an X-class 52V. But, I'm fine waiting.

Yeah OP, it's the cold. At least here in New Hampshire (USA). But I'm using some Christmas money to upgrader her a bit. Longer bars (the stock MXS bars are SO NARROW and maybe a better suspension seat post. The stock one is sticky (poor design), even after a complete disassemble and clean up.

Got an email today from Sondors today. Nothing about deliveries yet. It would seem enough people gave them grief over their embarrassingly horrible "Elite Friday" videos. Here is a copy and paste of the body of the email.

"Welcome back to SONDORS Elite Fridays - Holiday Edition! And yes, we are aware today is Monday!

Amidst all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, the SONDORS team has continued to receive requests and input from our Elite Community.

We are listening...and want to hear from ALL of you that have a question or request.

In response, we've turned our attention to creating a different style of videos. Our goal is to better capture the features, performance and capabilities of the entire SONDORS Elite class.

We appreciate your patience and continued support as we'll need a couple more weeks to pull this all together for you.

So in the meantime, we ask that you reply directly to this email with any questions or requests you might have about the SONDORS Elite model you have on order.

Also, please watch your inbox for delivery updates coming in this week!

Thank you for being the best part of SONDORS"

So has anyone actually received a delivery update email yet? Are we about to experience another delay?

My story is a little similar.

I own a Juiced CCS2 and an Ariel Rider M-class. The M-class was technically for my wife, as it's a smaller bike and easier to maneuver. It's a great girl's bike. Anyways, she did not support buying the MadMod. But, I'd planned on buying a scrambler for some time, and it was too good to pass up. So, I ordered it, and she was NOT happy. Prior to the MadMod, I was debating a D-class.... so, the MadMod saved us money..... but (not surprisingly) that's not how she looked at the facts. So, MadMod will be our 3rd ebike.

Battery is a HUGE deal. Just a little, I wish i'd bought the CCX, which has a bigger battery. If I was not locked into MadMod, I'd probably buy an X-class 52V. But, I'm fine waiting.
Why are you locked into the madmod? I thought they would provide refund before shipping? I like the look and the wheel size of madmod but the components don’t seem to compare w the HS2 or ARiel 52v X. What do you like so much about the MadMod?

Why are you locked into the madmod? I thought they would provide refund before shipping? I like the look and the wheel size of madmod but the components don’t seem to compare w the HS2 or ARiel 52v X. What do you like so much about the MadMod?
Good question. Late response.
1) I REALLY don't like the forward position of the X.52
2) I wanted something lighter than the HS2. And it's not cheap.
3) Madmods - i wanted a scrambler, that is sized for taller people (24'' tires), with a roughly 1,000 amp hour batter, i like the design, fits two people, and taller handle bars.

Back