Sky Lane trail plan in San Jose (Silicon Valley)

My wife and I rode the "Guadalupe River Trail" three weekends ago. It travels through a few homeless camps that might make people uncomfortable. Also there was at least one point where we had to go onto a street to find the next section of the trail.

The San Francisco Bay Area should have the best bike system in the world, perhaps Google, Apple, Facebook and the like should move a little more money to bike paths instead of busses to shuttle their employees from home to work.

jeff

My wife and I rode the "Guadalupe River Trail" three weekends ago. It travels through a few homeless camps that might make people uncomfortable. Also there was at least one point where we had to go onto a street to find the next section of the trail.

The San Francisco Bay Area should have the best bike system in the world, perhaps Google, Apple, Facebook and the like should move a little more money to bike paths instead of busses to shuttle their employees from home to work.

jeff
Also would recommend the Los Gatos Creek and Los Alamitos Creek trails.

I have been using most of these trails and agree some of the sections have been a regular place for homeless folks which might make other cyclists feel uncomfortable. However, there have been some efforts to help these folks to move to "tiny homes" and shelters. In addition, I am glad to see more bike lanes are created around the city streets. The current mayor is a cyclist and might have great influence on these matters.

Back