Singlespeed, hub drive, torque sensor, under 40 lbs?

Someone should show me the Rider's Power and Cadence readouts from their hub-drive motor e-bike.
The fact that the firmware is crap and doesn't provide those numbers doesn't mean the controller isn't getting those signals. I've investigated the exact parts that go in a bottom bracket torque sensor and they output both. The firmware is at a huge disadvantage because it doesn't know what gear you're in, so it has to estimate that from speed.

One possible reason that it doesn't output any real-units numbers is that they don't bother to calibrate the torque sensor, so they know "more" and "less" but not actual NM

From the specs on one:
This sensor has an 36 pole single wire cadence sensor and a 1.5V – 3.5V output voltage that is proportional to crank torque with a scaling of 70 Nm/V. Includes 90cm long cable terminated with JST-SM connector, plug-and-play with V3 Cycle Analyst

The fact that the firmware is crap and doesn't provide those numbers doesn't mean the controller isn't getting those signals. I've investigated the exact parts that go in a bottom bracket torque sensor and they output both. The firmware is at a huge disadvantage because it doesn't know what gear you're in, so it has to estimate that from speed.

One possible reason that it doesn't output any real-units numbers is that they don't bother to calibrate the torque sensor, so they know "more" and "less" but not actual NM

From the specs on one:
Are sure the measured torque AND cadence are made a product equal to Power, which is further multiplied by a Boost Factor to get the appropriate motor power? Because you have only proven the given torque sensor is a meter. What next? Can the rider pedal lightly but at high cadence to get the same motor power?

Here is another interesting candidate, 26 lbs for the carbon version!

It seems funny to me people get so attracted to "ideas, with which the Hell is paved" and are ready to spend their dollar or peso on the brands nobody heard of :) Any sustainability predicted for eeyo? :D

First, I am not looking for an ebike that will go up the hill unassisted. I am looking for a boost. I can make it on my 20 pound bicycle on a good day. A boost of a few nm of torque and I am definitely where I want to be. Working hard but not max effort to get up the steep ramps. For me an ebike is a workout machine as well a a joy to ride and basic transportation.
Second, I have inquired from LeMond about a factory singlespeed prolog. But I havent recieved a reply yet, just an acknowledgement of receipt of my inquiry.
Third, I expect to spend at least $3K.
As far as DIY, thats out For a number of reasons.
can you put a small friction drive unit on it?

• Pedal slowly and lightly: little assistance provided (you can make the e-bike crawl among the pedestrians)
  • Pedal hard but slowly: the motor will increase the assistance
  • Pedal lightly but fast: see above
  • Pedal hard and fast: you will get the maximum assistance.
Except for #3, that's basically what I experience with my torque sensor and hub motor. (At first I thought "see above" meant look to #1, but now I think you meant #2.) Actually I have never really tried pedaling lightly but fast, except on a relatively steep downhill slope; maybe I will experiment.

Except for #3, that's basically what I experience with my torque sensor and hub motor. (At first I thought "see above" meant look to #1, but now I think you meant #2.) Actually I have never really tried pedaling lightly but fast, except on a relatively steep downhill slope; maybe I will experiment.
There is a trick I often demonstrate to my group ride buddies to show off: Riding in the tail of the group, and not changing the assistance level, I dramatically downshift and start spinning, yelling "ON YER LEFT!" The acceleration boost is tremendous, the group is left in the dust, and always several of my mates go sprinting for a little race :)

(That's how you act in a manual transmission car if you need to overtake another car fast at the regular 80-90 km/h road speed: Downshifting to the 3rd and pressing the accelerator hard).

It is very interesting to watch the Pedalling Power Meter on a mid-drive while climbing an overpass. The climb is done in lower and lower gears at cadence 90+ rpm. You hardly feel any resistance on the pedals but the pedalling power grows, exceeding 200 W in my case (while my typical input on the flat and normal cadence oscillates around 100 W).

Back