Should I buy Vectron S10 (G3)

ZiZiL

Region
USA
I have been looking at ebikes for a long time now. I am very close to pull the trigger on a Vectron. Before I do, I wanted to ask some questions to make sure I am making the right choice.

1. I want to be able to carry two kids (7yo and 2yo). I can get the child seat in the back and I have anoter seat that I can mount in frront of me for the 7yo. Would that work?
2. Based on above comment, you may ask me why I did not go with GSD. I will be riding this bike solo as well and I need to be able to fold it and fit it into a small plane. I think GSD will be too big for that.
3. What accessories must to have? The Tern website does a poor job showing compatability but I assume most of their accessories being sold on their website would fit to Vectron.

Based on my mission, solo rides on pavement and basic trails, being able to carry two kids if I need and being able to carry the bike in a small plane (cessna 172), is this the right bike for me?

I really don't know but it doesn't look to me like a 7 yo in front of the handlebars is a good idea, or if it's even possible. I'd be very concerned about handling, steering in particular. They offer a front rack, but it's capacity is 15 kg. A 7 yo is probably double that, right?

TT

I own a P9 and have many hours in a 172. The folding mechanism is great and it should fit but it will be a bit awkward. I’d pull the battery and seat to be a little less heavy for guiding it in. I would have loved to have a Tern along on flights to destination. Would have been ideal.
I cant help with the kiddies accommodations. But can tell you they are great bikes, ride really well and very well made.

After thinking this thru, I have decided to not do order Vectron S10 and instead I went with RadWagon 4. I know I know, it is nearly as good as Tern bikes. Here is my reasoning, there is no bike out there that can fit my mission to carry two kids around but also ride solo and carry it in the plane with me. So, I am spending like one fourth to RadWagon to carry my family around. I will be then looking for a significantly smaller foldable bike for myself with the purpose to ride solo and take it with me during my flights. I think this was the best course of action.

Back