Propella C9 V2 Pro short term review

EVDan

Region
USA
I spent 3 months researching for a light weight (under 45 lbs), dual purpose (road, trails) ebike under $2,000 that I could fit into the back of my Kia Niro. After riding 4 bikes (Aventon Soltera.2, Trek Dual Sport +2, Velotric T1 ST & Propella C9 V2 Pro). All had similar specs in terms of weight and power, were nimble and easy to ride. I narrowed it down to the T1 ST & C9.
The T1-S1 is a very nice bike but had the shifting was a bit clunky, there was some resistance while coasting, and I preferred having a screen (rather than using my phone).
The Propella C9 V2 Pro was the only bike of five that I test rode that I could find no fault in for my wants and needs; plus the company store is less than 30 miles from my home. So I bought on of the last ones they had in stock & added a Kinect suspension seatpost & stem.
Besides a few short "familiarization" rides on it, I've done a 20 mile ride on paved trails and 8 miles on single track. So far, I am amazed how well this bike handles both the pavement and "mild" single track (dry dirt with short but steep hills, moderate amounts of roots, & some rock). This 75 year old had not problem with either although I could have used a bit more "oomph" from the motor going up one of Seattle's steeper hills.
To be sure, the addition of the Kinect Suspension Seatpost and Stem have significantly smoothed out the bumps making it very comfortable while only adding about 3 lbs to the total weight. I thought I might want to change the tires from the street focused CST OEM "cargo bike" tires but they roll really well, and had no problem on the single track so I'm gonna stick with them, at last for now. Very pleased with my choice, hopefully it will hold up well over the next few years. Roll on!

Last edited:
Back