Shipping Lectric XP

I wanted to see if anyone recently received (April) a Lectric XP bike with all of the international slow downs that have occurred. I ordered the Lectric XP on 4/11 for a May shipment. When I recently checked in to see if there would be any shipping delays because of so many things being shut down, I received this info. I thought I would share the response:

'We have recently gotten word from our shippers that the bikes preordered for May will start shipping to customers by May 10th. Considering how many pre-orders have already been placed, your bike would start shipping to you within a few days after. That being said, your bike should be delivered by the third or fourth week of May! If anything were to change or if possible delays were to happen, we would definitely keep you updated"

Has anyone received shipping confirmation from Fed Ex for the April shipments yet?
Geez, that´s a helluva a wait period. My 1st bike,(now a parts bike), took 4 mos. My current bike
arrived the day after I ordered, cost 1/2 what the 1st did, & is a much better bike. Guess you can
call the bike ´Pokey´.😂

I wanted to see if anyone recently received (April) a Lectric XP bike with all of the international slow downs that have occurred. I ordered the Lectric XP on 4/11 for a May shipment. When I recently checked in to see if there would be any shipping delays because of so many things being shut down, I received this info. I thought I would share the response:

'We have recently gotten word from our shippers that the bikes preordered for May will start shipping to customers by May 10th. Considering how many pre-orders have already been placed, your bike would start shipping to you within a few days after. That being said, your bike should be delivered by the third or fourth week of May! If anything were to change or if possible delays were to happen, we would definitely keep you updated"

Has anyone received shipping confirmation from Fed Ex for the April shipments yet?
Geez, that´s a helluva a wait period. My 1st bike,(now a parts bike), took 4 mos. My current bike
arrived the day after I ordered, cost 1/2 what the 1st did, & is a much better bike. Guess you can
call the bike ´Pokey´.😂

No, but I've owned several other businesses and found honesty to be a most valued quality.
so you're suggesting these guys have been dishonest? I purchased 2 Lectric bikes, with shipping delays, and my inquiries were always answered honestly. Its genuis really, their business model. Take pre orders from thousands of customers who seem, for the most part, to understand the delay game and that these bikes are being made in batches and this particular bike is an incredible value to most others. No real inventory to worry about, although occasionally they'll show bikes in stock, simply track the money and deal with the few irritated as yourself while the majority are thrilled when the tracking email comes. Your money, your disappointment, they get that and will gladly refund your money, give them a call.
I also own a Rize electric bike. They are sold out of many models and will begin taking preorders for out of stock bikes in April to deliver your bike June-July 2021. I've turned into a weird ebike google stalker online (did I just invent something? google stalker?) and found lots of companies with bikes in stock and ready to ship but nothing really close to the price point and value of these XP bikes.

I can say nothing but good things about my experience with Lectric. My bike came within a day or so of quoted time and any question I have had has been answered in a timely fashion. I have also ordered a new display that I received soon after ordering (due to accident) and a couple of other little issues that were addressed and resolved right away. I would order another folder from Lectric in a heartbeat if I was in the market for that style of Ebike...

Received my white XP step thru Feb. 24, 2021 after a six week wait. Lectric let me know, in advance, that the 4 week estimate was gonna be 2 weeks late, nice. Bike arrived in PERFECT condition, to my delight - lots of padding and a free pannier! Inflated the tires, scanned the owners manual and rode 6 miles - everything worked great and its more fun than I expected. I thought if this was good I would order an XP for me and give this to my wife but the step thru is very comfortable, solid, and easily adjustable for my comfort (5'9" 200 lbs) and I like having both bikes with the same battery. Thanks Lectric!

I ordered July 1st and got mine the 29th. Since then Shimano and Tektro both had huge production issues making those parts almost impossible to find. Bolton Bikes mentioned a year lead time on basically anything from Shimano. I'm still amazed that they are able to get bikes, but I'm sure the bikes they are getting in now were ordered a year ago by Lectric. I've emailed them a couple times and they got back to me within the hour. I also know that if I called their phone, someone from Arizona would pick up the phone. Thats the big reason why I went with Lectric over the dozens of other bike companies with the same business model.

It's hard to know exactly how their business model of ordering and shipping ebikes works. One thing we do know is that there's generally a considerable lag between our order and that first ride which is frustrating to a lot of buyers. I know it must be frustrating for Lectric was well. I've found that simple china purchases on ebay can often take 2 months. It's been six weeks since I placed my ebike order. I'm hoping to recieved it within a couple more weeks. It's not everyday we spend nearly a $1,000 on a toy so two months a long wait.

It's hard to know exactly how their business model of ordering and shipping ebikes works. One thing we do know is that there's generally a considerable lag between our order and that first ride which is frustrating to a lot of buyers. I know it must be frustrating for Lectric was well. I've found that simple china purchases on ebay can often take 2 months. It's been six weeks since I placed my ebike order. I'm hoping to recieved it within a couple more weeks. It's not everyday we spend nearly a $1,000 on a toy so two months a long wait.
I've actually worked in the tech industry that sources from China. We had several in-house branded items that we had manufactured and branded in China before being shipped over in containers. Everything from display adapters to our own brand of cat5e cable. Its more or less the same thing process wise, in fact when I would travel to Shenzhen I would talk to people in the bike industry there since it was also a hub for manufacturing a lot of local bikes and bikes for other brands for export. The process is still the same but the lead time to get the end product is a lot longer now due to shipping container shortages, temporary factory closures due to covid (at both the parts manufacturing side and assembling side), back orders they are trying to fill on both those sides, and a surge in the market due to covid and people being stuck at home instead of spending their money on other things.

If anyone is sick of waiting and wants to cancel their order, I'm about to put mine up for sale and can ship immediately. It's the white non step through version and just hit 200 miles. I ordered the bike last October 2020 and received it in November. I'm including the following minor additions:

• Straight handlebar for the added accessory space.
  • 11-34 Freewheel with 50 miles on it.
  • Park freewheel tool
  • Zoom suspension seat post
  • LCD Display Glass protector film
  • One side view mirror
  • Olight Flashlight holder
  • Bike bell
  • Thumb throttle control
  • Lectric pannier bags, never used.
  • I'm including a near new set of Innova 20x4 street tread pattern tires with with tubes. These are the tires that come on many of the other XP similar fat tire folding ebikes.
All original stock parts including user manual and charger included.
The bike has always been garaged indoors, never ridden in the rain, never dropped or damaged and everything works 100%. The bike came with one small ding in the front fender and has some minor scuffs on the rear cargo rack from a plastic milk crate I attached to the rack.

$975 shipped via UPS ground, which is exactly the same as what you will pay from Lectric after tax, minus all the above stuff. I can use any shipping company or method you prefer if you pay for it. I'm in Riverside, CA zip code 92507. I'll accept any of the major payment methods or apps. If we use Paypal, you cover the Paypal G&S fee which is $29. If you pick the bike up in person, I'll take $50 off for shipping so you'll pay $925 total but it must be cash, no checks. Also, if picking up in person, we can't use Paypal or payment apps because there is no way for me to prove that I delivered the bike to the buyer since there's no tracking number.

How I calculated this price - This is exactly a 20% discount from what I spent which seems reasonable for only 200 miles or 4/5 charges, or $1 per mile ridden. It's been raining for the last day or so but I will post pics as soon as it dries up.

Reason for sale - I originally purchased this bike mainly because I liked the way it looked and the concept of the fat tire folding bike. But I've since realized that I don't have any plans to ride this bike on trails or dirt paths or sand so I don't need a fat tire bike. And I work from home, so I don't need a folding bike for commuting or storage. And although I love the way they look, I will rarely, if ever, need a rear cargo rack or pannier bags. I've never even folded the bike even once yet and don't see myself ever needing to. As a result I've decided to try out a road/track bike with skinny rims/tires.

Last edited:
With hundreds of people waiting for bikes that were promised weeks ago the company must be overwhelmed with calls and emails wanting to know when to expect their bikes. As a50 business owner it seems to me it would save everyone especially Lectric a lot of stress if they would just make posts or send email informing buyers anytime they get any new info on delivery dates.

With hundreds of people waiting for bikes that were promised weeks ago the company must be overwhelmed with calls and emails wanting to know when to expect their bikes. As a50 business owner it seems to me it would save everyone especially Lectric a lot of stress if they would just make posts or send email informing buyers anytime they get any new info on delivery dates.
What is a50 business owner?

I don't think Lectric has much stress over the delays because it's a waste of time to stress about something you can't control. They're smart guys and they've been at this for awhile so they are fully aware of the situation and how it might slightly erode their brand image. I'm sure they're just swamped with other tasks, otherwise I'm sure they would send out emails notifying people in advance. Proactive shipping delay notifications probably isn't a priority for them because they know people aren't going to cancel their orders over it. And responding to emails is an easy copy and paste of the same message so it's not hard to reply to email inquiries.

If you take into consideration the pandemic and how Covid has affected the industry globally, their timelines are more than reasonable.

If you take into consideration the pandemic and how Covid has affected the industry globally, their timelines are more than reasonable.
Port of L.A. has been cleared of any congestion since late Feb. At this point, I think they're covered up with new orders. Basically, Lectric eBikes are rolling in the dough at this point. Hopefully they'll bring in a few employees @S&R to get these bikes out to individuals.
Patiently waiting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-110331.png
    Screenshot_20210421-110331.png
    261 KB · Views: 264
Back