Shipping Lectric XP

Black step over.

Lectric told me it would ship out of Los Angeles when the shipment arrived. My bike was shipped from Phoenix, AZ.

Total time was 6 weeks and 3 days from order date to arrival.

So you did get it? I think there must have been some logistics issue with your order but I doubt anyone will admit it. :)

I wanted to see if anyone recently received (April) a Lectric XP bike with all of the international slow downs that have occurred. I ordered the Lectric XP on 4/11 for a May shipment. When I recently checked in to see if there would be any shipping delays because of so many things being shut down, I received this info. I thought I would share the response:

'We have recently gotten word from our shippers that the bikes preordered for May will start shipping to customers by May 10th. Considering how many pre-orders have already been placed, your bike would start shipping to you within a few days after. That being said, your bike should be delivered by the third or fourth week of May! If anything were to change or if possible delays were to happen, we would definitely keep you updated"

Has anyone received shipping confirmation from Fed Ex for the April shipments yet?
Have you received your bike ? You ordered in may? Just noticed the post was about to place order?

I ordered a black XP on 9/24 and received the shipping notice this morning 10/30. Fedex tracking shows anticipated delivery next Wednesday 11/4.

I ordered a black XP on 9/24 and received the shipping notice this morning 10/30. Fedex tracking shows anticipated delivery next Wednesday 11/4
Is your delivery still good for Wed. 11/4?

This was the response I got when I chatted about our order.

Thanks for reaching out, the FedEx facility that the bikes are currently at is experiencing a backlog. Since the bikes have not been scanned in, they are not in their system. We have been working with the dispatch manager there and hope to have the bikes scanned in by the end of the week. Once it is scanned into their system, the delivery date will change to the most accurate delivery time.

Last edited:
I just got notification that Fedex has picked it up today 11/4 and scheduled for delivery next Tuesday 11/10. Communication has always been quick from them when I send emails although not accurate. They told me the first email is generating a shipping label only and a placeholder. Probably should not send any email until Fedex picks it up. Happy it is otw and looking forward to riding it.

Our bike is taking a Tour of America! Package label created 10/30 and so far went from Phoenix,AZ to Bloomington,CA to Thoreau,NM to Oklahoma,OK then to Brazil, IN then to Hagerstown,MD and is still in transit as we can only guess how many more stops to come. Keep in mind we are in Seattle/Tacoma,WA. I hope that it gets here in one piece and the box and bike is in good condition. Fingers Crossed!

Last edited:
Today is Feb 20, 2021. I Ordered my XP step thru 1/30/21, was told it would ship in 4 weeks or by end of Feb. A few days ago I got an email saying shipping was delayed 4 weeks because of Chinese new year. I'm wondering if this delay is the original 4wk delay or an additional 4 weeks. Do all ebike companies take your money and make you wait months before they ship your bike? That's a sleazy business practice in my opinion.

Today is Feb 20, 2021. I Ordered my XP step thru 1/30/21, was told it would ship in 4 weeks or by end of Feb. A few days ago I got an email saying shipping was delayed 4 weeks because of Chinese new year. I'm wondering if this delay is the original 4wk delay or an additional 4 weeks. Do all ebike companies take your money and make you wait months before they ship your bike? That's a sleazy business practice in my opinion.
Seems to be pretty common practice. Take the money up front and blame the Chinese...

Anyone get updates on their bike being shipped or ? Thinking about cancelling and getting a RAD as they have a retail store about 30 miles away. We have asked Lectric about updates and the they just added a couple of weeks on top of their original time which is 3 weeks longer than we were quoted when ordered. It would be nice for Lectric to communicate via email or their website with people that purchased telling them about further delays On their product.

Sorry, first time ebike purchaser and dont like that they charged us in full and not communicating with us
I'm like you, I ordered Jan 30,1 2021, and quoted 4 weeks to ship. Two wks later I get an email saying that due to Chinese new year issues it was going to be an additional 4 weeks. When I hand over nearly $1,000 I am accustomed to getting something in return at the time. Is it because they have to collect our money and send it to China before they can get my bike?

This delay is routine this time of year. This is what we can expect circumventing an LBS and saving $$.
Imagine what it's like for a stocking dealer when they put out tens of thousands of USD and wait for a sea container.

Does anyone know if Rad bikes has a waiting list for orders? I wouldn't mind paying a little more to get my bike in a timely manner. I think it's a crappy way of doing business to take your money telling you it ships in 4 weeks then add 4 more weeks onto it. I was in retail business all my life but never once considered selling something I didn't have in my possession.

Delays at the ports also can delay delivery for a month or more. The port of LA has been slammed for the past 6 months or more. We ordered an Espin Nero. It was delivered 2 months late. I got it finally and it was perfect. Slowed down by busy Christmas port traffic. It is not the bike companies fault. Of all the bike companies Lectric is usually pretty quick as they often have stock.

Does anyone know if Rad bikes has a waiting list for orders? I wouldn't mind paying a little more to get my bike in a timely manner. I think it's a crappy way of doing business to take your money telling you it ships in 4 weeks then add 4 more weeks onto it. I was in retail business all my life but never once considered selling something I didn't have in my possession.
That is not how imported e bikes work. You order it and the bike is shipped from an Asian country. It will take a month maybe two to get to the US. If you want a bike right away go to a local bike store and pay a lot more, if the bike you want is in stock. If not in stock you will still have to wait. Where I live it is too cold and snowy to ride now anyway.

I know all of that and accepted that they were taking my money with nothing in return for 4-5 weeks but to later tell me it's going to be another month is simply BS. Any company should be better informed about what's going on within their own business. If I had ran my businesses like that I wouldn't have survived 6 months.

I know all of that and accepted that they were taking my money with nothing in return for 4-5 weeks but to later tell me it's going to be another month is simply BS. Any company should be better informed about what's going on within their own business. If I had ran my businesses like that I wouldn't have survived 6 months.
I'm guessing you aren't in the ebike business? ;)

Back