Shipping Lectric XP

Mine did arrive today and just like you the weather is turning for the worse. I've got the battery on the charger but did get in a quick ride to the market to try it out. It's all good in the neighborhood so far. I feel a little stupid trying to decide how to install the included pannier bags though. I put them on with the larger cutout that is on the flat center piece towards the rear. This moves the actual bags forward, but does allow for the spring loaded clip to be available. It also gives the taillight more visibility. My only concern is if the forward part of the actual bags will be too close to my heels when pedaling. Any opinions or preferred method of orientation?

Last edited:
Those pannier saddle bags were not designed for the XP...so I can't imagine anybody actually paying for these. There are better options for sure. But if you got them free, then I guess there should be no complaints. I received them as well and the first thing I did was cut off those cheap metal clips (unless you like the metal clanging noise every time you hit a bump or you pedal). They don't stay fastened anyway and loosen up in about a minute. I made my own velcro strap mounting system and it will save you a lot of headaches and its totally quiet. I hate metal parts making noise and coming loose.

I noticed several bags on Amazon that have an angled section cut away so that your heels don't hit it. If I don't get a free bag from Lectric I'll be going that route + a milk crate on the back.

Mine did arrive today and just like you the weather is turning for the worse. I've got the battery on the charger but did get in a quick ride to the market to try it out. It's all good in the neighborhood so far. I feel a little stupid trying to decide how to install the included pannier bags though. I put them on with the larger cutout that is on the flat center piece towards the rear. This moves the actual bags forward, but does allow for the spring loaded clip to be available. It also gives the taillight more visibility. My only concern is if the forward part of the actual bags will be too close to my heels when pedaling. Any opinions or preferred method of orientation?
Use the search button found on the top right of your screen, there is a guy who completely rebuilt his lectric bags and also info on other bags that people have bought. I have welded PVC bags that I bought on Amazon that fit the spare battery.

Use the search button found on the top right of your screen, there is a guy who completely rebuilt his lectric bags and also info on other bags that people have bought. I have welded PVC bags that I bought on Amazon that fit the spare battery.

Yeah, no. The search feature is not at all helpful in my opinion. Search "lectric bag" or "saddle bag" and there are over a dozen pages with absolutely nothing about a custom bag build. Same goes for "seat upgrade". People are posting these upgrades in existing, completely unrelated threads half the time. It's like finding a needle in a haystack, and sometimes stopping and asking for directions is the only way to find what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Yeah, no. The search feature is not at all helpful in my opinion. Search "lectric bag" or "saddle bag" and there are over a dozen pages with absolutely nothing about a custom bag build. Same goes for "seat upgrade". People are posting these upgrades in existing, completely unrelated threads half the time. It's like finding a needle in a haystack, and sometimes stopping and asking for directions is the only way to find what you're looking for.
Look on YouTube for "Sonny Whitehurst"...his channel has a video on his XP pannier modifications...warning...it requires some cutting, sewing and installation of mounting hardware you will need to buy.

I just wanted to post a quick update: My bike arrived late yesterday afternoon. I had a honda scooter about 12 years ago and loved that thing. This eBike gave me that feeling all over again. I only rode about 3 miles but it was an absolute BLAST. My wife rode it as well. After she got back from her ride she admitted that she felt a little dorky riding it at first, and was prepared to be a little snobby about riding an eBike. She returned with a grin from ear to ear and said "that, was sooooooo much fun! I want one!!"

Thanks Lectric!

I just wanted to post a quick update: My bike arrived late yesterday afternoon. I had a honda scooter about 12 years ago and loved that thing. This eBike gave me that feeling all over again. I only rode about 3 miles but it was an absolute BLAST. My wife rode it as well. After she got back from her ride she admitted that she felt a little dorky riding it at first, and was prepared to be a little snobby about riding an eBike. She returned with a grin from ear to ear and said "that, was sooooooo much fun! I want one!!"

Thanks Lectric!
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you place your order?
Thanks! And enjoy

Anyone in the 16350ish and up area getting shipping confirmations? Los angeles is getting another lockdown. Dont want to get governed again.

My order is in the 1400s and no shipping confirmation yet. I got an invalid FedEx tracking number a few days ago but no new one has been sent.
Email lextric support. Theyre past 14000s. At least by the posts on this and another thread. So sketchy that you havent received your loot. Though i dunno if 4th of july has anything to do with it.

This is the new normal, creating tracking #'s so the company can process payment. Its ludicrous and happens with everything. Reverb ( a used/new musical instruments site) use to have a rule for sellers that if the product was not upgraded to "in transit" within three days of purchase the buyer could demand a refund. That, along with other changes more in the sellers favor, had me delete their app. Anyway, end rant :)

That makes me think an August delivery is more likely for my June 20, #17xxx order.

edit: Just got this.
"We are about one week ahead of schedule and have already begun shipping our July pre-order bikes.
For an idea for when your bike will ship, it is best to estimate 4-5 weeks from the time you initially placed your order."
You get your fed ex#? I did. From Phoenix to Los Angeles. I hope its here by saturday. Sorting hub nearby. Shouldnt take too long. Its been a month already.

Back