Shipping Lectric XP

(Newbie here) thanks for the add guys. Just received my Lectric XP I ordered on April 11th yesterday. Just a little over a month and it was shipped and here (Virginia) in five days. That’s interesting some of you April or even earlier orders haven’t gotten them or even confirmation.
Hopefully this sheds some light for people who ordered last month And are still eagerly waiting. It’s worth the wait I promise. I rode the bike for hours first thing yesterday. Thanks again I look forward to learning a ton as this is my first e bike.
Did your bike come with a bell JW

Did your bike come with a bell JW

From another thread, the poster said that Lectric wrote him back that the bikes no longer come with a bell. Wonderful...now you can add another "upgrade/option" that the buyer has to buy on their own. These Lectric guys are genius....Don't spend any of your own money manufacturing new bikes; make the buyer spend their own money on any options/upgrades; never upgrade the product because buyers don't care; and finally, make them wait weeks or months to get one...because you can. Well guys, enjoy the party while it lasts.

My order is 11012. April 6 for May delivery to Massachusetts. It “shipped” the 21st, and took some crazy convoluted path to Iowa a few days ago, and now Connecticut. It’s supposed to arrive Monday via fedex ground. We shall see.

It is kind of discouraging that orders don’t seem to go in order. Hey it’s great some of you ordered later and have yours already. But it leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth of those who ordered and paid before you.

All I can think is perhaps color of bike ordered may affect speed, as they may be waiting for batches of them to arrive so that they can ship them?

I ordered white with the free panniers.

I think the smart move for them would be provide realistic fulfillment dates and halt orders a bit until they get stock in. Then open orders and ship first in, first out.
Of course, they don’t want to lose any pre-orders while demand is high, so that probably won’t happen.

I just hope mine arrives without damage.

Fingers crossed!

Ordered mine on April 3rd (order #107XX) and received it last Tuesday May 26th. So just under two months for the whole process. Also received the pannier bags which was a nice surprise!

Overall I am very happy with the bike and have already put about 25 miles on it!

Well in a strange twist, FedEx delivered my XP today! Said it was coming tomorrow and lo and behold it was dropped off at 11:45am. Just got it unpacked, checked over and went for a five mile ride. Wooot!

well worth the wait. This thing is a hoot.

Order 121xx
April 25
White, no accessories.
So far just got the generic we shipped it mail at midnight on the 28th. No movement on any of the tracking from FedEx. Sounds like a stalling tactic to get those order slips into the system so they can claim they shipped in May per the last bulk mailer. Wondering how many folks on the May preorder went white vs black s maybe there is a pattern. That said I’m going to tough it out and hope for the best. I chose the XP over the Rad bike to save some money but I know the rad would be in my garage for a month now if I’d gone that route.

I ordered on April 25. I am order 121** and I just received my tracking info. I should receive my black bike on Tuesday and the white bike on Wednesday. I don’t have any accessories on my order. I hope this helps. Stay safe out there.

Order 121xx
April 25
White, no accessories.
So far just got the generic we shipped it mail at midnight on the 28th. No movement on any of the tracking from FedEx. Sounds like a stalling tactic to get those order slips into the system so they can claim they shipped in May per the last bulk mailer. Wondering how many folks on the May preorder went white vs black s maybe there is a pattern. That said I’m going to tough it out and hope for the best. I chose the XP over the Rad bike to save some money but I know the rad would be in my garage for a month now if I’d gone that route.
The irony is that by the time you add tax and all the upgrades you are likely to buy for the XP, you are closer to $1150, not the $899 they advertise. I think so many people look at that $899 and say, wow...but after all is said and done...maybe buying the Ford instead of the Mercury ain't saving you as much as you thought. The RAD in your case isn't even in the same league as the XP technically speaking. Lectric is not breaking the "you get what you pay for" RULE by any stretch of the imagination. What they are doing BETTER than most... is getting people on bikes that probably wouldn't otherwise, by flashing that $899 price point. Are their bikes better..?..not even close. Are they worth waiting a month or more for..?...so far, it seems so. The bottom line is that the demand is still there, despite the hokus pokus going on after the order is placed. There will be a reckoning at some point (they will have to stock an inventory for immediate shipping using their own money)..but as long as the hype and the demand continues, why should they?

Order 121xx
April 25
White, no accessories.
I had to switch white for a black to get both to ship asap after noticing order numbers after mine had shipped. FedEx has 2 black one for me in transit Olive Branch Mississippi. Hopefully tomorrow delivery. Wife isn't thrilled about the color change I may have to do something maybe vinyl wrap easier.

The irony is that by the time you add tax and all the upgrades you are likely to buy for the XP, you are closer to $1150, not the $899 they advertise. I think so many people look at that $899 and say, wow...but after all is said and done...maybe buying the Ford instead of the Mercury ain't saving you as much as you thought. The RAD in your case isn't even in the same league as the XP technically speaking. Lectric is not breaking the "you get what you pay for" RULE by any stretch of the imagination. What they are doing BETTER than most... is getting people on bikes that probably wouldn't otherwise, by flashing that $899 price point. Are their bikes better..?..not even close. Are they worth waiting a month or more for..?...so far, it seems so. The bottom line is that the demand is still there, despite the hokus pokus going on after the order is placed. There will be a reckoning at some point (they will have to stock an inventory for immediate shipping using their own money)..but as long as the hype and the demand continues, why should they?

Sure, but the Rad with Tax and any accessories was going to push north of $1700. Economies to scale really, this thing is totally for recreation for me and curiosity in an ebike platform.

I had to switch white for a black to get both to ship asap after noticing order numbers after mine had shipped. FedEx has 2 black one for me in transit Olive Branch Mississippi. Hopefully tomorrow delivery. Wife isn't thrilled about the color change I may have to do something maybe vinyl wrap easier.

Yeah, before my purchase I had exchanged some e-mails with a guy in CS at Lectric, and I started to draft a mail last night asking if I needed to switch to black to get it to actually ship I think most of us understand that the shipper claiming it's on it's way because they produced a shipping label in an app doesn't mean that the shipper has it. In my experience if the shipper had it they would have scanned it in ASAP, there is no it's sitting at FedEx or UPS for days waiting for a scan to come, that's just insane.

FWIW the FedEx app claims delivery tomorrow, but with it not shipping, and the method they sprung for being ground, even if it did get scanned in today I wouldn't expect it until Friday.

Mine was supposed to be here today, but stupid fed ex never delivered and now it doesn't have a delivery date.

I received my black XP today. The shipping information was accurate. The bike is a blast and it’s well worth the wait. I fully expected at least 4 weeks lead time. I received the unexpected and free bags too. I am looking forward to the white bike later this week. Thanks Lectric!

Attachments

• 2A4D0EC2-E0C4-4852-9F82-D52FE58B923C.jpeg
    2A4D0EC2-E0C4-4852-9F82-D52FE58B923C.jpeg
    513.8 KB · Views: 380
I received my black XP today. The shipping information was accurate. The bike is a blast and it’s well worth the wait. I fully expected at least 4 weeks lead time. I received the unexpected and free bags too. I am looking forward to the white bike later this week. Thanks Lectric!

Nice! Enjoy.

Has anyone got there may preorders yet I ordered April 23!!! Just curious if things are moving and if anyone is having issues
We're slated for May-preordered (2 bikes): (ordered APR21)
#1: FedEx label created May28, FedEx noticed us delivery JUN02, it showed up JUN01 yesterday, in perfect condition(Thank GOD);
#2: FedEx label created May31, FedEx noticed us delivery JUN03, let's see if it shows up (hopefully) today or end-of-day tomorrow!
So far, the #1 is put together and charged up last night, today is the FIRST ride!
Thanks everyone,
David

With respect, a little more patience and you would make it to the finish line... Cancelling your order after potentially waiting 30 days, paying more elsewhere, what will that accomplish? Lectric is very upfront that when you pay you are on the pre-order for next month.

It is apparent that at least some, if not all, of the March orders got lumped in with the April orders as we are receiving them at the same time. I would give Lectric the benefit of the doubt here as the pandemic most likely played a part in that.

I'm thinking that orders are back on track now.
I think you're right! I ordered APR21, 41-days later (yesterday) i got the BLK one, the WHI is nowhere to be found. From all previous posting, i'd probably need to sit & wait since they're badly backordered the WHI color... so, keep counting: 41, 42, 43 ...!

We are happy campers now that she has arrived. Bike arrived early and in great shape. I couldn't really find anything wrong and I was looking. Any way here is a picture with her and her big brother

Attachments

• IMG_20200602_115203.jpg
    IMG_20200602_115203.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_20200602_113609.jpg
    IMG_20200602_113609.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_20200602_113454.jpg
    IMG_20200602_113454.jpg
    662 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_20200602_113623.jpg
    IMG_20200602_113623.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
I'm officially over the XP experience. After another delivery date change and kicking myself for being part of financing someone else's business I just want to get rid of this bad experience. If anyone in the Panhandle area of FL is looking for one of these in black I will have 2 both in black. I'm going to go with someone who doesn't need me to prepay and finance there business. I knew better. Same 899 price I paid.

I'm officially over the XP experience. After another delivery date change and kicking myself for being part of financing someone else's business I just want to get rid of this bad experience. If anyone in the Panhandle area of FL is looking for one of these in black I will have 2 both in black. I'm going to go with someone who doesn't need me to prepay and finance there business. I knew better. Same 899 price I paid.

You don't have to be a martyr! You paid and waited and now you're not gonna enjoy the bikes?? At least charge $999... Make some money for all the waiting you had to do.

I guarantee you'll have takers at $999 with ZERO wait.

Back