Shipping Lectric XP

The shipping boxes were pretty beat up. The bikes had some shipping damage- on one bike the rear cargo storage rack attachment arms was bent where it attaches to the frame and on the other the steering column release lever metal is deformed/ broken where the retaining lock would engage the hole. the rack I can probably straighten - the column locking lever needs to be replaced. All in all the bikes are in pristine condition except for the two issues. Will email Lectric today.
That's about some BS. It took a pretty good lick to do both of those things.

That's about some BS. It took a pretty good lick to do both of those things.
It's sad but UPS and FEDex really abuse packages during shipment. My other bike that came from Himiway had damage from shipping but Himiway did cover the repairs under warranty.
I half expect something to be broken if and when my bike comes in.

It's sad but UPS and FEDex really abuse packages during shipment.
I recently had a portable folding solar panel kit delivered by FedEx and one of the panels was shattered. The replacement was delivered and the box was so battered I was worried the replacement would be damaged as well.
Has me worried about the delivery of the bike.

When did you order bikes? Ordered Feb.29 and have had FedX Tracking#, then UPS tracking# on May 14 but label printed only. Have emailed them twice, which they did reply to with promises but no movement. Thanks for any input. Stuart
Ordered April 15th, judging by what I've seen on here I'm not expecting anything until the end of May if I'm lucky or into June. During all this pandemic I have been going through retail therapy and have many packages from 40 gallons of stain to recumbent bikes. Have not had one single delay from shipping. Just saying...

Ordered April 15th, judging by what I've seen on here I'm not expecting anything until the end of May if I'm lucky or into June. During all this pandemic I have been going through retail therapy and have many packages from 40 gallons of stain to recumbent bikes. Have not had one single delay from shipping. Just saying...
[/QUOTE

UPS update 7:05PM May 19 scanned in ,projected delivery date May 26. Was seriously considering canceling order and ordering a different bike.

After 14 days after my initial "shipment" email and after receiving two shipping tracking numbers going nowhere, I emailed Lectric letting them know how disappointed I was with all the delays. I get a response from them that my bike has miraculously been placed on a UPS truck and is in transit now. I'm now getting shipping updates now and it is scheduled to arrive this Friday.

I feel like the only reason it shipped out finally was due to me raising a stink about.

I don't like having to be "that" type of customer but now I know why those types exist. I feel dirty for some reason...

After 14 days after my initial "shipment" email and after receiving two shipping tracking numbers going nowhere, I emailed Lectric letting them know how disappointed I was with all the delays. I get a response from them that my bike has miraculously been placed on a UPS truck and is in transit now. I'm now getting shipping updates now and it is scheduled to arrive this Friday.

I feel like the only reason it shipped out finally was due to me raising a stink about.

I don't like having to be "that" type of customer but now I know why those types exist. I feel dirty for some reason...

These guys better get a handle on this shipping problem. Sounds more and more like an internal problem, not a UPS problem. Maybe they got too big too fast. There is a remedy for that...in June and July, most of their competitors will be fully supplied again and then there will be more choices. The new Ecotric 20" 48-volt, 13-aH battery folding 20" will be in stock. Its 12 pounds lighter, the battery is MUCH bigger...and its a lower cost (with free shipping and NO tax). It has a new display and controller. Has same brakes, shifter, tires. Oh..and they ship within 24hrs of ordering. This is only one example. There are several others who saw what Lectric did last year...and are now seriously ramping up and improving their product lines. So Lectric...I'd recommend you guys get a handle on shipping delays, and start showing some new upgrades to your already "old" ....XP because we are all watching.

If you haven't seen, this was sent today from Lectric:

May Shipping Update

Hello Friends of Lectric eBikes!

Good news! We will begin shipping our May pre-order bikes today. We expect to have all of our May bikes sent by the end of the month.

To ensure your bike arrives at the earliest possible date we will use either FedEx or UPS to send your shipment. You will receive a tracking number two to three days prior to your bike being scanned in. That tracking number will indicate the shipper and is your best source of information regarding the expected delivery date. Please check the status of your shipment regularly since delivery dates may change. If you requested to have your bike delivered to a FedEx or UPS facility for pick-up, please contact us prior to shipment to ensure we can accommodate your request.

We are thrilled to send you your award-winning Lectric XP bike. We are confident you will join the thousands of other customers who are thrilled with the performance, durability, and FUN this bike provides! Thank you for riding with us! We appreciate you.

-Levi,CEO

7894d916-e431-483a-a042-50c3acdbb0fd.png

Interestingly, at 9:33am this morning my shipment showed as Out for Delivery. Fifteen minutes later it showed as held for a future delivery date. Delivery will be rescheduled. These companies must think we do nothing else in our lives but sit waiting for the delivery of some package(s). I scheduled nothing today as I was expecting this delivery that I didn't know exactly what time it would be delivered. Now, it's been rescheduled.
I live about a 5 minute drive away so I am going to run over to see if they'll give it to me.

I think every delivery company is in overload. Not trying to excuse any of the miscommunication they are sending but it seems to be more common lately. As an example, I had a UPS package (not a bike) yesterday showing it was delivered. it had "proof of delivery" saying it was left at the front door. It was not. This morning I got an update that it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Two days after the "proof of delivery" statement said it was left at the front door. This item was actually a visor for my Sena helmet purchased in anticipation of the bike arrival. This error is not the product companies fault. it is the shipping carrier (UPS) crossing lines with their logistics. I know there are a lot of examples of this out there every day. All of this, especially when it comes to something like our bikes that we have paid for in advance and waited patiently for, stirs a lot of frustration. Especially when, as previously mentioned, you alter your schedule or take a day off to be available for delivery. It looks like Lectric is back to using more Fed Ex than UPS for current shipping.

Has anyone lately had an issue with delays between the creating of a shipping label and the bike actually being in transit?

Helpful info:

UPS customer service (800) 742-5877

Fed Ex customer service (800) 463-3339
https://www.fedex.com/en-us/tracking.html

It is awesome that so many people have had their bikes delivered over the past week. I am an early-mid April order that is at the shipping label printed stage. So we will see how the timeline goes. It is estimating 9 days from label creation to delivery. (moving ground from CA to FL). We will see if that holds true.

Also, If you are not a member of the Lectric XP Owners group on Facebook, I recommend it. There are a lot of great stories, photos, people and excitement!

I live about a 5 minute drive away so I am going to run over to see if they'll give it to me.
Went over to UPS and picked up my bike. I don't know why they showed it as being out for delivery and 12 minutes later decided they were going to reschedule the delivery. I thought it interesting that the employee mentioned that they had to do some re-taping, but no mention made of how/why the original tape was all separated. Hmm.
Frankly, even though the site said I was ordering in March for an April delivery, I wasn't bothered by the delay - it is what it is. What I don't like is being told the bike would be delivered on a specific date and I made no other plans (I realize some people took time off from work, or may have cancelled other things) to be available to accept the delivery, only to be informed at the last minute that they weren't going to be delivering it that day after all.
Anyhow, all is now good.

If you haven't seen, this was sent today from Lectric:

May Shipping Update

Hello Friends of Lectric eBikes!

Good news! We will begin shipping our May pre-order bikes today. We expect to have all of our May bikes sent by the end of the month.

To ensure your bike arrives at the earliest possible date we will use either FedEx or UPS to send your shipment. You will receive a tracking number two to three days prior to your bike being scanned in. That tracking number will indicate the shipper and is your best source of information regarding the expected delivery date. Please check the status of your shipment regularly since delivery dates may change. If you requested to have your bike delivered to a FedEx or UPS facility for pick-up, please contact us prior to shipment to ensure we can accommodate your request.

We are thrilled to send you your award-winning Lectric XP bike. We are confident you will join the thousands of other customers who are thrilled with the performance, durability, and FUN this bike provides! Thank you for riding with us! We appreciate you.

-Levi,CEO

7894d916-e431-483a-a042-50c3acdbb0fd.png
Thanks #Gumbi, we got the same email!

Received my bike yesterday. Box not as beat up as the other guy's, but it was open on the bottom. Bike was actually fine though, found one small nick in the frame but otherwise everything else seemed fine!

Shipping updated from label created to in transit.

Placed order about a month ago.

Last edited:
Back