Shipping a bike? Great resource!

Anyone know of a hardcase that will fit a Stromer ST2?

Ok, two weeks ago, I had to carry my ST2 from DC to NY and I was researching on this topic.
I was able to fit the ST2 in the trunk of Ford Fusion (w/ front wheel removed)

I was looking into this box but then realized that I will have to remove front fender, rear fender (has rear light connection) and it becomes huge hassle to get everything back up.

AirCaddy or XLBikeBox is the closest I can think of.

@Ravi Kempaiah Thanks! That case looks pretty good. I'm looking for a good hardcase to bring the ST2 by plane to Hawaii.

Hopefully it will fit. I'm guessing the battery may need to be shipped separately because it is considered hazardous goods.

@Ravi Kempaiah Thanks! That case looks pretty good. I'm looking for a good hardcase to bring the ST2 by plane to Hawaii.

Hopefully it will fit. I'm guessing the battery may need to be shipped separately because it is considered hazardous goods.

Last December, I took an eBike from DC to India. I packed the bike in a box similar to AirCaddy and kept the battery in carry on bag. Up to 300Whr is allowed without requiring any paperwork.

The battery for the ST2 is 814Whr, and it appears the allowable limit for airline travel is 100Wh or 160Wh. Source: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

It will probably need to be shipped separately and declared as hazardous goods.

The battery for the ST2 is 814Whr, and it appears the allowable limit for airline travel is 100Wh or 160Wh. Source: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

It will probably need to be shipped separately and declared as hazardous goods.

You're right. Sorry for the typo. I think I got lucky re: carrying the battery :)
OEM's pay HAZMAT fee of $35-$50. perhaps you might want to ask your dealer get that part sorted out.

Back