Shimano EP8 in a Yeti mountain bike

drodg

So I have a Yeti mountain bike that is a beautiful bike but a little unhappy with the EP8 motor. Overall nice power but at times and often I will be climbing say a hill or even going on a flat and my cadence is say 70-80 rpm and the motor feels like it powers down. Like it would say if I reached 20mph which I am not anywhere near that. I have a Bosch on my Trek road bike and I don't really experience anything like that. Any thoughts if anyone else has experienced with the EP8? Thanks everyone.

Best way to test that theory is to hit 16+ mph. Be glad you're not getting an error code, that could be the kiss of death

No error codes and I did talk to them this morning. I told them to look at the cut off to see if it was at 15.5 mph.
You can test it yourself on a ride - the motor will either cut off at 16 or 20 mph. It's unlikely that it's set for 15.5 if you bought it in the USA, so you should probably see if the shop can replicate the problem and remedy it anyway.

You can test it yourself on a ride - the motor will either cut off at 16 or 20 mph. It's unlikely that it's set for 15.5 if you bought it in the USA, so you should probably see if the shop can replicate the problem and remedy it anyway.
E-bike systems are configured globally for a given region. If that specific Yet was configured for Europe (things do happen), that would be 25 km/h (which incidentally translates to 15.5 mph). I can bet the EP8 can be reconfigured by a dealer (not the case of Bosch E-Bikes that cannot be re-configured at all!)

E-bike systems are configured globally for a given region. If that specific Yet was configured for Europe (things do happen), that would be 25 km/h (which incidentally translates to 15.5 mph). I can bet the EP8 can be reconfigured by a dealer (not the case of Bosch E-Bikes that cannot be re-configured at all!)
You are indeed correct.

Back