Sheng milo 1000W Fat ebike

Fr0d0

Screenshot_20200707-102442.jpg

Hello

I'm from mid Wales UK and have just ordered the above bike, a Sheng milo MX02S 48V/17A 1000W Electric Bike

More info on AliExpress:

The bike seems to be new to the market and I can't find any reviews on it, apart from the Amazon user review in that link.

The only unknown is the motor, which the manufacturer says is "Shengmilo". So I imagine they re badged, possibly tweaked another manufacturers motor?

I mostly intend to use it for recreational purposes. Nothing too energetic! 😁 Some short steep hills back to home hence the bigger motor.

Any advice/ opinions welcome

Happy to be here 👍

I've got the MX01, and i've got to say Shengmilo are dicks.

I've had nothing but trouble with it (ive only had it just over a month). It turned up with a broken screen, they sent a new screen for me to replace it with, then a couple of days later the battery died (i only learned this recently didn't realise thats what the issue was as it said 100% on the screen but kept shutting down after a few KMs) the morning after the battery incident the motor started playing up so they sent a motor out, not a hub as you may expect, a barebones motor, i still havent installed it as i dont have a fully functioning battery.

The main issues i have with them is all the lying, they lie about everything. Say they've shipped when they haven't and then gaslight you constantly.

The current situation we are in is they know that i know theyre lying but they just can't stop doing it. I'm probably going to charge back for the bike.

Sad thing is - i like the bike, meets my requirements but they just couldnt help but bullshit. So i'll charge back give them a time and date to pick it up and if they don't it'll be tough titties for them as i will no longer be legally responsible for what would then be their property and it will go outside for someone else to own.

I've got the MX01, and i've got to say Shengmilo are dicks.

I've had nothing but trouble with it (ive only had it just over a month). It turned up with a broken screen, they sent a new screen for me to replace it with, then a couple of days later the battery died (i only learned this recently didn't realise thats what the issue was as it said 100% on the screen but kept shutting down after a few KMs) the morning after the battery incident the motor started playing up so they sent a motor out, not a hub as you may expect, a barebones motor, i still havent installed it as i dont have a fully functioning battery.

The main issues i have with them is all the lying, they lie about everything. Say they've shipped when they haven't and then gaslight you constantly.

The current situation we are in is they know that i know theyre lying but they just can't stop doing it. I'm probably going to charge back for the bike.

Sad thing is - i like the bike, meets my requirements but they just couldnt help but bullshit. So i'll charge back give them a time and date to pick it up and if they don't it'll be tough titties for them as i will no longer be legally responsible for what would then be their property and it will go outside for someone else to own.
So did you buy this direct from the Sheng Milo store on AliExpress or their Amazon store??
I found them on AliExpress very willing to communicate and other reviews sing their praises. I didn't order from them as I could get the bike for a third of the price from a seller with good communication.
It sounds like your battery wasn't charging and went too low which is critical for this type of battery I understand. I guess the battery pack doesn't also have a basic power level indicator.

It sounds like you got a dog, and Sheng Milo didn't take due responsibility. I'll update when I get mine.

I bought it directly from the brands amazon store, to be fair they did ship the screen and motor out fairly quickly, but seriously a motor? I couldn't see average joe wanting to rip the guts out of a brand new bike and most LBS have that snobish attitude about chinese bikes.

I bought it directly from the brands amazon store, to be fair they did ship the screen and motor out fairly quickly, but seriously a motor? I couldn't see average joe wanting to rip the guts out of a brand new bike and most LBS have that snobish attitude about chinese bikes.
Well quite. I'd expect them to be paying for a repair shops labor to fit the motor for you. A bit much to expect 99% of consumers to self fit. I certainly wouldn't want to do it.
And seriously.. wouldn't it make more sense just to send a whole wheel!

Last edited:
I saw an ad on Facebook about this bike Shenmilo MX02S being on sale for $142.99 I could not believe it and it seemed too good to be true. I looked up the model number and brand and I see that prices are over £1000 for this bike. Contacting their customer service, they said that it is a promotional price since it's new to the market. What could go wrong I thought to myself and if it comes to worse, I could always file a chargeback so I made the purchase two days back and awaiting delivery.

Have you received yours yet? and how much did you pay for it?

I saw an ad on Facebook about this bike Shenmilo MX02S being on sale for $142.99 I could not believe it and it seemed too good to be true. I looked up the model number and brand and I see that prices are over £1000 for this bike. Contacting their customer service, they said that it is a promotional price since it's new to the market. What could go wrong I thought to myself and if it comes to worse, I could always file a chargeback so I made the purchase two days back and awaiting delivery.

Have you received yours yet? and how much did you pay for it?
Obviously a misprint on the price you saw.

I hope you paid with PayPal etc! Looks like a misplaced decimal point. There are a few like that on the Chinese sites too.. They will realise when the payment goes through. They have full cancellation rights.

Mine was £600. A few are advertising at that price but even tho they're communicative, I don't trust them and cancelled my order. I'm now paying double to a trusted seller for a different bike of higher spec. There are scalpers selling them on eBay for the full RRP. I just wouldn't like to get a reputation for selling junk.

I hope you paid with PayPal etc! Looks like a misplaced decimal point. There are a few like that on the Chinese sites too.. They will realise when the payment goes through. They have full cancellation rights.

Mine was £600. A few are advertising at that price but even tho they're communicative, I don't trust them and cancelled my order. I'm now paying double to a trusted seller for a different bike of higher spec. There are scalpers selling them on eBay for the full RRP. I just wouldn't like to get a reputation for selling junk.
I've paid using my debit card so I'm protected by my bank. I'll where this leads though.

I've paid using my debit card so I'm protected by my bank. I'll where this leads though.
"What could go wrong I thought to myself and if it comes to worse, I could always file a chargeback so I made the purchase two days back and awaiting delivery."

Did you get confirmation on your order and delivery status? What does the "Track Your Order" say on the www.bikes-pro.com website?

Have you checked your debit card balance to see if you were only charged $142.99?

This ebike is $1500+ on Ali Express/Sheng Milo store:

Last edited:
I just checked and the payment shows as £109 (guess converted from $142.99) something as pending. I did check the price of this bike on various other sites including Aliexpress and it was all over a grand after which I contacted customer service and as mentioned before they said it's promotional price

I just checked and the payment shows as £109 (guess converted from $142.99) something as pending. I did check the price of this bike on various other sites including Aliexpress and it was all over a grand after which I contacted customer service and as mentioned before they said it's promotional price
I could not find "bikes-pro.com" on any search engine lookup. An ICANN 'whois' lookup shows the domain name was registered on August 7, valid until 8/7/2021 (which is typical godaddy.com registration period).

If this was real, it would be all over ebike sites. I don't have a Faceplant account or I'd search for that ad you mentioned.
Dates
  • Registry Expiration: 2021-08-07 21:18:08 UTC
  • Created: 2020-08-07 21:18:08 UTC

The number is USA and I see you are in USA as well. I don't have high hopes with this and since it's promotional price like they said (we don't have to believe it) maybe that is why they created that site just for promotion.

Did you create a user account at bikes-pro.com? They have an order status page. What is the status of your order on that page?

Yes I had created an account and just checked the status which shows the following:

Your order is confirmed
We’ve accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I'm protected by my bank so I'm going to play along and see where this leads. :) I have read about items mistakenly priced ridiculously low but since everything is compartmentalized like in any organization, every department does their job so if an order is confirmed as paid, irrespective of what is the item and how much was paid, the packers will do their job of packing, the despatchers will do their job of dispatching and so on.

But this particular case is such that I confirmed with their customer service via live chat and they said it promotional price. Strange but hey.. maybe ebikes don't really cost that much since manufacturing cost is low in China.

Back