Serial 1 : Timelines and Shipping

Gmanx

Region
USA
For those that have ordered and received, feel free to share your timelines here. For those that have ordered and not received, feel free to share your timelines here.

Ordered : Rush/CTY Speed late June.
Website states coming summer 2021. Summer 2021 ends September 22.
Current Status : Fulfilling - Order has been sent to the fulfillment warehouse for processing

I heard back from Serial 1 on instagram:

The speed “beings shipping to pre-sale customers at the end of this month”

Last edited:
Still no updates from Serial 1 on my order, not the end of the month yet, but getting close. Not sure if I am considered a pre-sale customer. I did order before 1 July price change and not sure if they have shipped to anyone yet, so shouldn't all orders be pre-sales? Anyways, I'm resigned to the fact that it might not get here until september and its not like my analog bike stopped working or being less fun.

what i'm looking forward to is the range. I can already do 18-25 miles on an analog bike and have a blast, can't wait to make that 50-75.

ETA: I don't regret ordering the speed and having to wait, the Mosh and Rush are a blast but I can already pedal close to 30MPH on an analog Trek Hybrid bike now

The two I have spoken with were November. They are in the serial 1 enthusiasts Facebook page.

Woooohooooo!!!! It no longer says "shipping summer 2021" on the Rush/CTY Speed on Serial 1's website.

I messaged serial one and got an update. I expect to have my hands on my speed (essentially 1 July order) by about the middle of September, but I won’t hold my breath.

I'm lucky, I have a tier 1 dealer. I'm hoping for parts/service/future models that will pay dividends. Either way, can't wait!! Just ordered a beefy lock and chain combination

DiB-190 U lock
Protector 13mm 2M (6.5FT) - Chain
Out of Stock -SFB Roundlock - Round lock to follow examples from locking plan thread

Got these great suggestions from this thread
Is my locking plan - M@ Robertson example 1 & example 2

I plan on getting the ABUS lock to match glove box for quick stops (read less than 5 minutes) and will use the chain for longer stops.

Just got the email today my bike is now making it's journey. You are given a link to put in your order number and shipping address. My home address didn't work, so i put in the dealership address and my order came up. Here is the text from the email for those that are curious :

The wait is finally over: We are so excited to inform you that your new Serial 1 eBike has recently been shipped! Over the next few weeks, you will be getting details through text, call, and emails about the official scheduling of your delivery. If you have questions, you can reach out to us.

Tracking Your Order: In order to track your shipment, enter your order # and your zip code -here-. Our shipping provider will give you an estimated date of arrival to your local delivery station. Once your package arrives at the local delivery station, your scheduled dealership will be called by our shipping service carrier to schedule the official date and time of your delivery.

Dealer Assembly and Pickup: Once delivered, the dealers will have a 48-hour window to assemble your bike and contact you for pickup. When you arrive at the dealership, you will be taken through an optional walk-through on the bike to ensure everything is assembled and working properly. We recommend all customers test-ride the bike before leaving the dealership. The dealer will then help you register the bike under the desired owner’s name and officially sign over the delivery of the bike from the dealer into your hands. It is up to you as the customer to provide transportation of your bike from the dealership to your desired destination.

Returns: While we don't expect it, should you need to return your new bike for any reason, you will need to utilize the original packaging. All shipping supplies including the packaging and delivery box are part of your delivery. If you wish to have the dealership dispose of this material, please let them know. Keeping a Serial 1 box is highly recommended as you will be required to provide packaging in the unlikely scenario you ever need to ship your bike to a Serial 1 location. For more details, please visit our return policy on our customer support site.

From their return policy site :

US CUSTOMERS

Depending on which stage you are in will determine the return possibility of your Serial 1 ebike.

A list of the 3 stages are outlined below:

1. PRE-ORDERS: All pre-order sales that are canceled prior to the shipment of your bike will be approved for a full refund with no restocking fee added.
  2. ORDERS IN TRANSIT: All bikes that are in transit to the intended destination (whether that be a home address or a participating Harley-Davidson dealership) can be returned, but each bike purchased will be charged a 10% restocking fee and will be required to pay the return shipping charges.
  3. RETURN AFTER RECEIPT: within 14 days of receipt of your Serial 1 ebike, all bikes that are still boxed or fully assembled, in new condition, free of any wear & tear damage, and have less than 5 miles of riding, will be subject to return on a case by case basis. If approved, Serial 1 will provide an RMA and shipping label to you for your return. The customer is responsible for disassembling and repackaging the bike, sourcing a properly sized Serial 1 shipping box, (you should use the original box + packaging the bike came in) and returning the bike in the shipping window provided by the Serial 1 team (14 days from taking possession).
    • Returns are subject to a restocking fee of 10-18% dependent on inspection and validation that all return requirements have been verified and the condition is still like new with no damage.
    • Returns will be processed after evaluation at the dealer and/or by Serial 1
    • Refund of the purchase price does not include shipping, assembly, or delivery charges
    • Dealers may assist you in boxing and may charge a fee to repackage the bike
    • If your original box is not available, you may purchase one from your local dealer or from Serial 1 directly.

GERMAN CUSTOMERS

For our German specific Return Policy please visit the following https://serial1.de/terms-conditions/

Back