Seniors and Ebike Information

A good friend, the youngest 74 yr old in the world is really liking my ebike but is shocked at the costs of ebiking... Still he wants to get up those hills that give him problems. So we are looking at kits, he may stretch to 600 USD. If we can find the right kit I want to get two and rebuild an old Raleigh MTB I have in the barn (somewhere). I believe it will give him freedom he hasn't seen for some time!

A good friend, the youngest 74 yr old in the world is really liking my ebike but is shocked at the costs of ebiking... Still he wants to get up those hills that give him problems. So we are looking at kitmay stretch to 600 USD. If we can find the right kit I want to get two and rebuild an old Raleigh MTB I have in the barn (somewhere). I believe it will give him freedom he hasn't seen for some time!

I hope he gets a kit and enjoys it. My kit is a Magic Pie. I give it a thumbs up. This kit is available in a 36 volt 500 or 750 watt system which is plenty. Very easy to install. It would be best if the round battery is mounted on the bottom tube. A low step bike would be nice. I purchased a Manhattan Smoothie womens bike that worked out good for me. My bike has given me hours of fun and keeps me mobile. Good luck with the project and I can on hope he enjoys it as much as I do. Any questions about this kit I will be happy to answer.

My kit is a Magic Pie. I give it a thumbs up. This kit is available in a 36 volt 500 or 750 watt system which is plenty.
Took a quick look at the Magic Pie kits with Golden Motor, I like the overall look of the kits. Also like the "one stop shop" with the rear rack that's offered. I'm not at all concerned about the added weight of the rack mounted battery.
I'll be doing some more research on the MP kits, maybe we can get Court to do a review. I'm sure I'll be talking to you about them, we need an EBR/EBC, Magic Pie (Golden Motor?) forum...

Took a quick look at the Magic Pie kits with Golden Motor, I like the overall look of the kits. Also like the "one stop shop" with the rear rack that's offered. I'm not at all concerned about the added weight of the rack mounted battery.
I'll be doing some more research on the MP kits, maybe we can get Court to do a review. I'm sure I'll be talking to you about them, we need an EBR/EBC, Magic Pie (Golden Motor?) forum...

I think Court might be doing a review on them soon. He will be out in LA and hopefully he gets a chance to visit Magic Pie. He has told me he is thinking about it.

My battery is on a rear rack and it does not bother me at all. I believe the basic and fortunately least expensive kits are the best for seniors as we just don't normally need all the options.

My battery is on a rear rack and it does not bother me at all. I believe the basic and fortunately least expensive kits are the best for seniors as we just don't normally need all the options.

Magic Pie... Interesting! They pretty much offer anything you may want, including down-tube battery and PAS. Watched about a half dozen or so UT videos and it seams to be a good system. A Google or you tube search can provide a wealth of information.

For anyone that may care here is a sampling of information:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

And:

Nebula722, we really need to start that Magic Pie thread!

Magic Pie... Interesting! They pretty much offer anything you may want, including down-tube battery and PAS. Watched about a half dozen or so UT videos and it seams to be a good system. A Google or you tube search can provide a wealth of information.

And:

I can only say I have over 1,000 miles on mine and it has been reliable and just plain fun to get out of the house. I like it so much on my bike I bought a second one and installed it on my trike. I will start a thread.

And:

I started a thread under electric bike forums. Go to other at the very bottom and click. You may wish to add video and comments.

Back