Securing brake cable...outer housing?

skypup

I got my new front fork today and installed it. I cannot secure the outer cable housing for my front brake cable at the brake lever. Can someone tell me how to clamp it in the silver nut at the lever? I've tried tightening the nut to clamp the outer cable but it won't hold the cable?

Attachments

• IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 460
Looks identical to mine?

You of course have to have both ends in their respective slots.

I 'm not quite sure what you mean. The cable is in the correct slot in the handle but the outer black cable isn't being held securely in the silver fitting and I don't see away to clamp it in place

It is exactly as it should be by what I can see. Does it look different on the other brake? Mine looks identical.

I found out that the problem was that I had the cable (not outer housing) disconnected at the front brake. I used yellow paint to mark the cable when I removed it so I could reinstall in the same position. Once I reconnected cable to the brake the outer housing stayed as it should.

I found out that the problem was that I had the cable (not outer housing) disconnected at the front brake. I used yellow paint to mark the cable when I removed it so I could reinstall in the same position. Once I reconnected cable to the brake the outer housing stayed as it should.
That's exactly what I meant, both ends have to be attached.

That looks correct to me? The two connectors are for shortening the length or increasing the tension on the brake cable as it starts to stretch over time. You loosen the round circular nut and spin the longer pointed end out to put more tension on the brake cable. Once you get the correct amount of tension, you tighten the round circular nut to lock it down. I already had to increase the tension on my bike with +800 miles of use.

Attachments

• IMG_0266[1].JPG
    IMG_0266[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 660
Back