Seatpost suspension on load 60?

Anders112

Hey everyone.
Does you guys recommend a seatpost suspension to my load 60? or does it not give any effect when it allready is a full suspension bike and just waste of money?.
if it does give meaning to mount it, what kind of seatpost suspension is the best for the bike?.

Hey everyone.
Does you guys recommend a seatpost suspension to my load 60? or does it not give any effect when it allready is a full suspension bike and just waste of money?.
if it does give meaning to mount it, what kind of seatpost suspension is the best for the bike?.
Hi Anders. Hope you’re enjoying your Load 60.

I find the full suspension on my Load 60 very comfy and sure footed already. But I guess getting your contact points just right on a bike is very personal.

Why not go super plush and double up with seatpost suspension too?!!!

I was thinking that Catrin at R&M was using a sprung Brooks saddle on her Load in that super awesome video that Chris from Propel made (still think it’s the best Propel vid... the top of a fantastic video catalogue).

However, looks like it’s got no springs and just a leather saddle.

Would the unconnected frequencies of the rear shock and a suspension post create an uncomfortable jungle of bouncing?!!! Pass... sorry I’m no mechanical engineer. But the unconnected frequencies of the front and rear shock are no problem, so perhaps adding another bouncing element won’t hurt.

If you decided to experiment, again Chris recommends the Kinekt...

You may need a shim for the seat tube, it’s quite fat on a Load. I got one of these to fit my Magura Vyron eLECT wireless dropper post.

I hope the dropper post will make hilly riding even better and ease balancing a hefty bike on tip toes at stops (though not yet fitted the dropper due to Covid disrupting my priorities). The factory dropper on my Delite is superb, so I have high hopes.

Enjoy the ride!

The effect is actually negative.
The suspension on the load is built to give you maximum grip and safety, by keeping the tyres on the ground, a positive air effect is that your spine gets less pressure because the suspension take out the Hits from bumps, but unlike a suspended seatpost allows you to sit in a position that is fixed while doing so.

A suspended seatpost takes away the bumps, but unfortunately with the cost that the pedaling distance changes all the time, which has a negative impact on your body.
Another negative side effect of a suspended seatpost on a full suspension bike is that you are more "detached" to the bike and it starts feeling wobbly...

Go for a real good saddle that makes you feel comfortable.

Hi Anders

have you set the sag correctly ? If so then how long ago, as the Glyde sprigs did have a reputation for needing to break-in.

Have you adjusted the rebound settings at all ? Have these made any differences ? If you are riding a mixture of surfaces then its very difficult to find a perfect rebound position

Allright that makes sense.
I had looked at the saddles from Ergon, does some of you recommend those?.

I have a Kinekt for sale if you are interested. Its a medium setting of 150-200 lb person. PM me if interested and I will let it go at a fair price.

Back