Screen Protector for Lectric XP

draver

I've been doing some research to find the proper size common glass screen protector for our 2 XP's. Amazon has a great selection, but unfortunately most listings do not give the exact dimensions of the actual item. A few days ago I even went to Best Buy with the measurements and checked their cameras on display for the LCD sizes for cross reference. A few were close, but not exactly what I wanted. I finally did find one and was able to confirm it's measurements by asking a question and receiving a prompt reply. The ones I purchased and installed are:

As stated, they come in a 3 pack for $7 and with Prime shipping, arrive in one day. I got them yesterday and did the first install this morning. Here are photos with the glass laying on the screen for sizing and positioning, and then after applying it to my screen.

Checking coverage & position
Screen 1.jpg

After application
Sxreen 2.jpg

It was very easy to apply, I cleaned the screen, peeled off the back cover and used my thumbnail at the bottom of the screen for the top to bottom position. There was no need to press out any bubbles, none appeared. I just started pressing upward from the bottom middle and it stuck perfectly.

Should I post this in the General Accessory Forum also?

Thanks for the reply.

I think a little later I will drop this posting into the Accessory forum also. I believe this controller and display is common to several other brands and styles of ebikes, and will be compatible for those also.

I've been doing some research to find the proper size common glass screen protector for our 2 XP's. Amazon has a great selection, but unfortunately most listings do not give the exact dimensions of the actual item. A few days ago I even went to Best Buy with the measurements and checked their cameras on display for the LCD sizes for cross reference. A few were close, but not exactly what I wanted. I finally did find one and was able to confirm it's measurements by asking a question and receiving a prompt reply. The ones I purchased and installed are:

As stated, they come in a 3 pack for $7 and with Prime shipping, arrive in one day. I got them yesterday and did the first install this morning. Here are photos with the glass laying on the screen for sizing and positioning, and then after applying it to my screen.

View attachment 60687

After application
View attachment 60688

It was very easy to apply, I cleaned the screen, peeled off the back cover and used my thumbnail at the bottom of the screen for the top to bottom position. There was no need to press out any bubbles, none appeared. I just started pressing upward from the bottom middle and it stuck perfectly.

Did you have to trim or are they perfect size as ordered?

Did you have to trim or are they perfect size as ordered?

no, I actually tried to trim an old iPhone screen protector but it was not possible for me to cut glass that thin.

Edited to add: They are glass, and I was not able to cut to size a leftover iPhone 11 glass protector. The first pic shows the protector after removing it from a thin foam shipping sleeve. No modifications were made or necessary.

Also, I was a little worried that they might have some polarization effect that would cause issues with my polarized sunglasses, but there has been none visible from any angle or rotation.

Last edited:
no, I actually tried to trim an old iPhone screen protector but it was not possible for me to cut glass that thin.

Edited to add: They are glass, and I was not able to cut to size a leftover iPhone 11 glass protector. The first pic shows the protector after removing it from a thin foam shipping sleeve. No modifications were made or necessary.

Also, I was a little worried that they might have some polarization effect that would cause issues with my polarized sunglasses, but there has been none visible from any angle or rotation.
In answer to a question on the Amazon page you link to someone said its 2 inches by 3.5 inches.
That isn't correct is it?

In answer to a question on the Amazon page you link to someone said its 2 inches by 3.5 inches.
That isn't correct is it?
That is their approximate size. A common business card covers them almost perfectly. What application are you considering? If you look at my photos, and have an XP, try and place a business card on the screen and check the coverage.

That is their approximate size. A common business card covers them almost perfectly. What application are you considering? If you look at my photos, and have an XP, try and place a business card on the screen and check the coverage.
Wow, I just measured mine. From memory it seemed the screen was much bigger than that.
Thanks for the tip and the response. Ordered.

You are very welcome. They do fit the screen exactly as pictured and installation is easy if you have ever done a phone or tablet screen protector.

You are very welcome. They do fit the screen exactly as pictured and installation is easy if you have ever done a phone or tablet screen protector.
Done very many screen protectors of all kinds on all kinds of devices. I have one now on my XP screen, however this one looks to be quite an upgrade. Thanks again.
Now I am looking for something that completely encloses it to make it weatherproof.

And the price is right too!
Ordered. Although it says that it's not waterproof, I think with a little effort it will be sealable. In any event it looks pretty good for protecting it in general. I'll try and report after I get it and install it. Thanks for the tip.

Ordered. Although it says that it's not waterproof, I think with a little effort it will be sealable. In any event it looks pretty good for protecting it in general. I'll try and report after I get it and install it. Thanks for the tip.
I just ordered one too :) Yea, lets figure out how to waterproof this and then we have a tank of a display!

I ordered both the one from Amazon and the one on ebay. I figured if the screen protector on the ebay case gets damaged I have a back-up.
edit: I got and installed the one from amazon. I'm going to see if the case from ebay fits over it.
can't be too safe. But then I am the kind of guy that wears a belt with my suspenders.

Last edited:
I got and installed this screen protector. Thanks again for the tip. It fits like a glove. Went on easy.
I am going to try and put the case from eBay over it which would be a lot of protection.

View attachment 60687

After application
View attachment 60688

Back