Saw my first E-bike (other than mine) and it was a Sondors.

harryS

This might be a stupid post, but the Sondors is the first ebike I've seen on the road. It was southbound on Chicago's lakefront path, just north of North Avenue beach. Good looking bike. So they do exist.

I was pedaling my non-electric in the other direction. My e-bike would have needed the big rack on my SUV to transport, and I didn't miss it. Too much traffic on the lake paths for an electric, until you get away from downtown.

Wonderful day for riding.

I was in L.A. last week and saw two in Manhattan Beach and two in Venice/Santa Monica, all in yellow. The two main shops in Santa Monica, Bike Attack Electric and IZIP Store both reported lots of Sondors sightings, and Bike Attack Electric has been doing maintenance and assembly for some people's new Sondors bikes.

Seems like the Sondors bike has really expanded the industry and birthed quite a few new e-bikers!

I'm one of them.... and once you get infected... well... it's catastrophic!
Sondors #1 (the catalyst)..... stealth bomber B52.......... lightning rods sm block kit..... sondors #2 for wife.
Also scheming up a crazy 10,000watt fat bike......... not sure why...... not sure why not .

I have yet to see one in San Jose, CA. Being the "silicon valley" and everyone on bikes, I would have thought to see at least another one.
But it sure gets me a lot of attention though...

I have a DIY 1000w Fat bike project in motion right now with the new BBosHD and a 13.5ah battery. Partly decided to go with a fat bike because of your @one4torque post on modding your Sonders. Thx man!

Kaldeem... You will love the e fat bike! I can't stop riding it. It really crawls over allot of obstacles. Like a heavy trials bike.

Thanks man!! I'm so stoked, I've been waiting on a getting an ebike, reading and riding bikes for over a year now.

Anyways, what tire are you using? I'm going with the stock knobby tires for when the snow gets here, but will buy the surly black Floyd 3.8 for commuting in the summer

I'll need your help on what works best..... I've tried the stock sondors 4.9" tires, and a pair of low rolling res Vee8 tires. I doing road / gravel riding primarily with the occasional offroad hard packed clay riding. The snow riders will have some very particular feedback on what does and does not work..... and from what I've read the tires are KEY>

Alright, that will work. Okay, so are you using the Sonders for everything, commuting and fun I guess? I'll be using mine for both. I have a 4.5 mile commute to college, and my work is 1.5 miles further than my college. I'll post my findings and equipment/upgrades as I figure out what's working and what's not. The HD doesn't release until NOV.1 anyways.

This might be a stupid post, but the Sondors is the first ebike I've seen on the road. It was southbound on Chicago's lakefront path, just north of North Avenue beach. Good looking bike. So they do exist.

I was pedaling my non-electric in the other direction. My e-bike would have needed the big rack on my SUV to transport, and I didn't miss it. Too much traffic on the lake paths for an electric, until you get away from downtown.

Yeah I haven't seen any in Miami, or any electric bikes except tourists riding in South Beach..

The Sondors FB page has a great collection of photos all over the country but mostly CA.. I think they're forming Sondors Bike Gangs!

This was quite possibly me. Small world.

Crazy. Have not seen another fat e-bike or any other e-bike until today. Saw a black Sonders on the trail, and later was being store that night at my LBS nears the trail. Got a close up look. Very decent quality bike. Impressed for what it cost. Looks like people did well

Back