Santa Cruz Heckler

PDXzap

Looks like a nice bike but way more than I'd like to spend.

Looks like a nice bike but way more than I'd like to spend.

Very nice but little late to the game!
They should spec 650+ whr battery at that pricepoint.

Any bike that costs $5K + and weighs 50+ lbs should have at least 625 whr battery.

If it is a road bike or eMTB that is designed to be ultra light weight, I can understand but this bike seems nice but too late.

Santa Cruz Bikes are very well respected in the E MTB world... It's all about the frame design and handling. ;)
1581474722260.png

Last edited:
They are one of many making nice bikes in the mtb world. This one strikes me as too little too late. People who love Santa Cruz will surely buy it, otherwise there are a lot of other choices out there of similar worth. I'm sure their marketing people were all banging their heads against their desks when Specialized dropped the SL the week before. Thunder = stolen

Very nice but little late to the game!
They should spec 650+ whr battery at that pricepoint.

Any bike that costs $5K + and weighs 50+ lbs should have at least 625 whr battery.

If it is a road bike or eMTB that is designed to be ultra light weight, I can understand but this bike seems nice but too late.
"Nice but too late". They were really dragging their feet too long on the release. I thought they would have done this a few years ago. Interesting points you have made here. Considering other makers have released a larger battery, for competitive reasons they missed it on this one. More points to ponder with SC.

They are one of many making nice bikes in the mtb world. This one strikes me as too little too late. People who love Santa Cruz will surely buy it, otherwise there are a lot of other choices out there of similar worth. I'm sure their marketing people were all banging their heads against their desks when Specialized dropped the SL the week before. Thunder = stolen
Yeah, and Canyon eMTBs are also on the horizon (late in coming to the USA) in 2021.

I reduce the weight of the, Rims, spokes, bars, stem, brakes, chainring, seat, seatpost, fork, rotors, hubs, tires, rear axle, pedals, grips, valve stems.

Last edited:
I reduce the weight of the, Rims, spokes, bars, stem, brakes, chainring, seat, seatpost, fork, rotors, hubs, tires, rear axle, pedals, grips, valve stems.

Hey Terb,

Did you start with the R-build and then swap out parts from there?

I have the S-build in a Size Small and would be pleased to lower my bike's weight by 10 lbs. or so.

Could you please provide a complete list of the original items you replaced and with what you replaced them with, along with the approximate weight savings per item?

Thanks!

I found a frame, motor and battery only at a local dealer and used my existing parts to complete the build. It was 22.8 pounds.

Its good to see Santa Cruz enter the fray. It will help convert more purists and open more areas to join in the fun, right?

Frame,motor,battery,chainring,axle,shock,seat clamp 10,328
DT 240 hub wheelset,stems,tape 1,560
Seat,seatpost, 395
Bars,stem,grips,headset,spacers,end caps 285
XTR brakes 400
Rotors,200 rear,180 front,w/ti bolts 250
Pedals 215
XTR drive train w/cables 1,080
Pike w/axle 1,825
Crank arms 175 mm 510
Tires 2.8 Onza Canis w/stans 1,560
18,408 grams
Or..40.6 pounds
Or add my carbon wheels and 2.4 tires and remove...650 grams
39.2 pounds

Last edited:
Why did Santa Cruz 'make' one ?
Perhaps
Because of Kranked Bikes Hyperdrive success.

KRANKED-DUAL_SPORT.png

Last edited:
Back