Same ride, 21 times, on my Creo

I use either 6 or 8 mm wrench on pedals. Cranks take 8 mm 🙂 There's no single part in my ebikes requiring the 10 mm Allen key.

Once, a driver approached me at a gas station and asked if I had a 10 mm hex wrench with me...

I use either 6 or 8 mm wrench on pedals. Cranks take 8 mm 🙂 There's no single part in my ebikes requiring the 10 mm Allen key.

Once, a driver approached me at a gas station and asked if I had a 10 mm hex wrench with me...
oddly, i also have pedals which use both 6 and 8mm allen keys lol. road/clipless vs flats.

that’s impressive ! 600 times. it would be really cool if you had strava data for every ride 😅

I was only using the Apple fitness app for tracking for the past year.

I recently fitted a Wahoo Cadence sensor to the bike and got a Wahoo HR monitor. I use the wahoo app now; since the second week of October so it only shows 48 rides for 2637.39 miles.

Never been a fan of paying for subscription services like Strava.

I can't remember if my friend's kickstand takes an 8 or 10mm allen. It always loosens up.

for me the combo of lower gearing and less weight (mostly me but also the bike and accessories lol) pushed it to the point of being able to use no motor. this particular ride was right on the edge of that, of moderate length and except for a steep start to the main climb, fairly gradual, around 6% the whole way.
Same here (apart from loosing weight so far...)! As I use my Creo only for gravel, I started to follow well known (easy to medium difficult) MTB tracks in our region. Soon I encountered the limits of the Creo and bought a MTB extra (my first real MTB) three months ago. As I still want to ride some distances and as I'm to old and to fat for much jumps&bumps, I chose on purpose a light XC hardtail. And an organic one due to empty pockets. And as there is almost no light eMTB hardtail (still waiting for an Levo HT SL...) apart from the Focus Raven (which is not very common here and sold out until 2023, even if it's a german brand). And I still don't feel the need for any motor there. 12 gears are really great and with 34 teeth in the front and 50 in the back even my 100kg can manage almost any climb. You just have to stop looking at you actual or your average speed or to compare it with the Creo. I'm able to do about the same uphills as with the Creo with max. motor support with the 46-42 ratio. I would love 12 gears and 50 teeth on a gravel bike. Maybe I wouldn't have bought the Creo with a organic gravel bike with 34-50 before...
But the Creo has still it's usage. With the MTB I'm usually "done" after a 20 mile ride and 2-3 hours, at least in winter. So even if hate that normally, I put the MTB in the car and drive to the starting point of the track. With the Creo I choose the easier MTB tracks and not that far away, but riding there and back home, so at the end 2-3 times the distance than with the MTB but with motor support and 50% faster average speed.

that’s impressive ! 600 times. it would be really cool if you had strava data for every ride 😅
From 2013-2019 I had 900 ebike days to work, about 1800 times the same trip (but only 15 miles one way). But detailed data wouldn't be that interesting, especially the last third with my Stromer, as the main goal was more to get asap to work or back home then to do sports, the "human part" wasn't that big...

northern california, but yes, your point is valid. it's a mild climate and while many rides feel remote or rural, civilization (water, food, transportation) is never all that far away.

hopefully you will not need a 10mm hex key on your ride! pedals and cranks are pretty bulletproof :D
Old boy scout. I am always prepared. I never ride with less than 2 tubes and can break a chain if necessary. I worry little about the extra weight as it takes a lot longer to walk home. Also love playing the role of Good Samaritan on the roadside for those less adept at repairs.
I have had my Comp Carbon for about 2 months. Although I love the bike, it is heavy. Possibly light on the ebike continuum, but still a lug. I decided to take my old Specialized Roubaix out over the weekend and was surprised how nimble it felt. Probably the most noticeable difference was that I didn't have to worry about downshifting prior to stops. I'm not sure that dropping 200gm on a set of wheels is going to change that feel much. With the Creo, if I didn't shift down a couple gears, accelerating with 1 foot clipped in became a challenge.
I ride with Eco at 15/25 most of the time. For me, it may provide a little boost on flats but seems to neutralize the effect of bike weight on modest climbs. I'll use Sport at 30/50 for climbs towards the end of the riding where I may be fading (previously dropped). I'm at the age (67) where PR's are a thing of the past. However, I did a couple similar hills on the acoustic Roubaix over the weekend and my times were similar to the Creo from several weeks ago. However, the big difference with the Creo for me is that I don't need to worry about recovery days. Normally, after a 60 mile Saturday ride, I'll focus on the upper body on Sunday. Since I got the Creo, I have consistently done a lighter Sunday ride weather permitting. With pure Eco setting, I can probably get close to 200 miles per charge. Mixing in a little Sport, probably closer to 100 but I have never tested its limits. So rather than paying to drop weight, I'd rather just turn up the assist a notch if needed.

Back