Salzmann 3M Spoke Reflectors for Bicycles

I'm not a user personally and have never seen anyone bothering with them or anything similar in years of riding.

Personally I'm a pass on them.
From all the positive reviews I'm sure they do work... Just keep in mind that the amount of light that a camera picks up in trying to photograph something like this will be exaggerated.

Growing up reflectors in the spoke were mandatory. These days I don’t see them because all the tires have a reflector stripe around them.

I got some for my bike that has no reflective stripe on the tires. I rode it in front of my security camera and the difference is night and day. A had the regular single reflector in the spokes and now the multiple reflectors are larger and brighter, and show the wheels shape. They instantly indicate whether the wheel is spinning, its direction, and speed, something tire stripes don't do. The single spoke reflector takes longer to identify those things. I put two on each wheel of a bike that has tire stripes and a single spoke reflector. It did improve that bikes visibility.

Back