saint

saint

Live in Alabama. American by birth, Southerner by the Grace of God.
I am retired and I have 2020 Rad Rover 5. -Purchased after selling my 5th and final Harley. 400 miles love the bike-no problems.
Recently purchased my wife a Rad City Step Thru 3. I finished the assembly and went for 1st 20 mile ride to begin Battery Balancing per manual instructions. Perfect ride no problems. Next morning going for 2nd of 3 battery balancing rides. Error 25-LCD would not boot up. Read trouble shoot and repair for Error 25-long process-but worked and LCD returned to normal.
Decided to begin ride after 2 hr delay. I began to here a loud tone (sounded electronic) in the bike. It starts, stops, starts stops -each interval maybe 4 sec. Stopped side of road. Turned off battery and LCD begin riding on human power same tone never stops.
I have put the bike on stand and spun the tires-cannot reproduce the loud tone -It sounds like a sick Alabama Hoot Owl.-exactly. Repetitious.
Called Rad Tec-they are not sure. It spoils your ride-I am not familiar with the Direct Drive motors on this bike. Can they make a noise like that-with Battery on and PAS system employed or Battery off-same noise.
thanks, "Saint"

Don't have any first hand familiarity with your model, but maybe there's a loose connector? Especially check the one at the front of the handlebars, where you have to twist both sides together.

Back