Rubbee X - introduction

Rubbee

Hi guys,

Gedas from Rubbee here.
Some of you probably heard about Rubbee before, Court from EBR did a review of our old model a couple of years back. We design and manufacture plug&play friction drives.
Now we're introducing a new version Rubbee X. Thought it would be great to get some e-bike community feedback about the new product.
Here's our product intro video:

What do you think about the new design/features?
Some more detailed intro can be found at our website www.rubbee.co.uk
Feel free to ask, I can provide a lot of insider info :)

Looking forward to hearing from you all !

Best,
Gedas.

Commuting without fenders and panniers would be tough. I saw you have 3 battery modules, but no mention of capacity or voltage that I could find. I like the taillight a lot.

Yes we use expandable battery modules so users can choose how much range they want and add some extra anytime. :) Each module is 36V, 93,6Wh.

Hi guys,

Gedas from Rubbee here.
Some of you probably heard about Rubbee before, Court from EBR did a review of our old model a couple of years back. We design and manufacture plug&play friction drives.
Now we're introducing a new version Rubbee X. Thought it would be great to get some e-bike community feedback about the new product.
Here's our product intro video:

What do you think about the new design/features?
Some more detailed intro can be found at our website www.rubbee.co.uk
Feel free to ask, I can provide a lot of insider info :)

Looking forward to hearing from you all !

Best,
Gedas.
Hello-Interesting product.
  • Does it have an optional interface, or can it only be controlled with my Smartphone app?
  • I would hope it had some kind of thumb control so I would not have to remove my grip from the handlebars while riding.
  • Can it be used with knobby mtb tires? Does it present more wear on the rear tire from the amount of heat and friction? How much?
  • 30 mile range with 3 batteries based on what weight of the rider?
  • What is the cost of each add'l battery pack? Thanks!

Hi Bob, good questions :)
Here are the answers:
  • App -Rubbee works without the app too (indicates battery life on the rear LED), the app is required to change power modes and to tweak different system's parameters;
  • Throttle - It's a pure pedal assist system. No wires, no button, no throttle. Just pedal ant it starts providing power;
  • Knobby tires - can be used, but expect more sound coming from those. It does increase tire wear but very little due to the special compound of the friction roller;
  • Range - based on 170lbs rider;
  • Batteries - each additional battery right now costs $60;
Hope this helps !

So you only have one assist level until you open the app? No changing while on the go?

I own a Rubbee named Ruby who has a little squeak noise from the drive wheel I think; Is there some maintenance required like bearing or oiling that can be done?

Back