RR5 New Motor Won't Work

Tom M

Just replaced the rear wheel assembly which includes a new motor. The old one I removed was still working but the new one doesn't. When I press the throttle I can feel a little surge and the display shows some wattage but that is it. Any ideas?

Not what I asked, but since you did. Rad sent me a brand new wheel assembly under warranty because I was having some issues. The problem never got any worse so I continued to use the old one. I needed to replace the rear tire so I thought I would just swap it out with the new one since the bike is 3 years old.

Since it's just a matter of plugging it in, it would appear the new one they sent is no good. I would just go back to the old one as long as it still works.

It appears that the wiring harness on the new one is damaged, noticed a nick on one of the small wires. Just put the old one back on with the new tire and it works fine. If I ever need to replace the motor I will repair the wiring.

If it's a small wire, it's probably a hall sensor wire. Surprised you didn't get a code on the display.

Back