Rover Throttle only question

CodyDog

Region
USA
City
Colorado
With throttle only (no peddling) what grade hill can the Rad Rover climb.

Thanks,

Mike

That's probably a good question to take to RAD for an answer.
I would like to know myself because even though I have a paved mile uphill at 10% leading up to my house that I love taking at full throttle, they do warn to use caution on steeper grades of 15% or more to watch the wattage meter and not go over 500W.
This is easier to do when using power assist because in PAS 4 the meter tops out at about 530 Watts and the bike is still travelling at a pretty good clip without the rider using a lot of effort.
Otherwise on steep grades using the throttle only will instantly take the meter up to 750W.

That's probably a good question to take to RAD for an answer.
I would like to know myself because even though I have a paved mile uphill at 10% leading up to my house that I love taking at full throttle, they do warn to use caution on steeper grades of 15% or more to watch the wattage meter and not go over 500W.
This is easier to do when using power assist because in PAS 4 the meter tops out at about 530 Watts and the bike is still travelling at a pretty good clip without the rider using a lot of effort.
Otherwise on steep grades using the throttle only will instantly take the meter up to 750W.

Great info Banzai.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back