Rohloff installed

Interested in hearing your thoughts on how they compare. What was the reason behind the change?

While I appreciate the nuvinci 380 the Rohloff on its first ride was day and night. 25 mile established route, ran at the lowest power settings the whole way and never had to drop below 4th gear to climb hills. Also 3mph faster on the the steepest hill.

It’s been awhile since the install and I have 4K miles on the Rohloff, absolutely no regret. My steepest climbs are handled at lower power settings with faster speeds. My flat land speed is greatly increased. No more changing the rear sprocket to match the days ride.

It’s been awhile since the install and I have 4K miles on the Rohloff, absolutely no regret. My steepest climbs are handled at lower power settings with faster speeds. My flat land speed is greatly increased. No more changing the rear sprocket to match the days ride.
How did you go about replacing the Nuvinci with the Rohloff? Do it yourself or bring it to a store? And do you have the chain drive or belt drive?

I had a new rim laced up with the Rohloff, although the old rim could have been used. Chain drive on a delta bike. There are not many Rohloff techs in the US. I happen to live 30 miles away from Neil @ cycle monkey in Berkeley Ca.

Back