Rockstar owners

Looks great! Those that had the patients and got the original price I think did very well.

That rod was not something left over from manufacturing, it is intended to be there to protect/support the forks during shipping.

The front shock has this , (seems welded,) metal cylinder where the front wheel rod should go in. Not shown in the assembly video....No way to get the front wheel on that I see? Need to get with support on this I think unless someone has a quick answer..ugh..
379f7bec-aa13-4841-bcbb-c8526c73a05b-jpeg.101790
That's just a spacer to keep the fork from being damaged. You just have to open up the lever on the end of the axel bolt and unscrew it.

Woof, wires everywhere. Wish sondors would clean that up in their future designs.

All, it turn out that the metal cylinder on the shock was unmovable by hand, so, I decided to take a wrench to see if it would move. With the wrench it came loose. Must have been a leftover from the manufacturing process. Anyway, was able to finish the assembly.
My first impressions after less than a mile:
1. Looks are great. Looks better in person than pictures.
2. The shocks seemed very good to me but I'm coming from a hard tail with a MOXO front shock.
3. The motor power seems about as good as my other Bafang 620 ebike but dampened a little.
4. The motor continues a few seconds after you stop pedaling which my other bike doesn't do. Not a big deal.
5. The motor is louder than my other Bafang ebike but not a show stopper.
6. I am 6' 4" so I was concerned it would be on the small side, but the size is ok for me.
Thanks to all for the good information you have provided over the 8 month and 17 day wait......:) I plan to add some things you have suggested.

View attachment 101816
I would suggest that you do a suspension upgrade sometime in the near future, the original parts aren't enough to bring out the full suspension.

It does make sense that the metal cylinder is there to protect the shock during shipping. I was just surprised and puzzled when I ran across the situation. Thanks again for the recommendations for upgrades during the long wait period. :)

It does make sense that the metal cylinder is there to protect the shock during shipping. I was just surprised and puzzled when I ran across the situation. Thanks again for the recommendations for upgrades during the long wait period. :)
r.lee, You could post a picture showing what it looks like with some accessories
on it when it gets done.

Thanks! I will be assembling it today.
Question: I intend to swap out the tires for touring or commuter tires.
What do you think about this tire?
What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• EB402024-AA03-4C79-B778-A956BD58E04C.png
    EB402024-AA03-4C79-B778-A956BD58E04C.png
    703.9 KB · Views: 125
Thanks! I will be assembling it today.
Question: I intend to swap out the tires for touring or commuter tires.
What do you think about this tire?
What are your thoughts?
I just put on Surley Dirt Witches 27.5x3.0 I like them they are not exactly 3.0 they are 2.84, I even got them from same website! Anyway not the same tire but same brand and I like them on dirt. I show this in my last video Rockstar Vs. Updates

The original tires work just fine on hard
Surfaces although they do make some noise. They wear down pretty fast, you could replace them as needed with a different set.

Yes, my fork is black.
Looks better with the all black fork I think, less cheap, I have a rockshox yari to put on and am selling the stock suntour fork but an all black suntour fork looks better so possibly sell quicker

Back