Rockstar owners

I ordered my Rockstar at the beginning of February. Paid in full. I get an email every couple of months or so indicating that delivery is delayed. Last email said October. My summer went by without my bike. I am so sad.

With hopes to encourage those that are waiting on a Rockstar. I order ~mid January, received emails delaying from original estimate of June, then August, then Sept. Well, I received an email yesterday telling me "your SONDORS is at the port of LA. Please be on the watch for your UPS tracking between mid of this week and the end of next week". Been a long wait, but that email was encouraging.

Mine is due for February delivery and honestly it could be delayed a couple months and it wouldn’t hurt my feelings as I’ll be right in the middle of mountain sledding season anyway. Hopefully I get it by spring (April ish) and it’s what I’m expecting. Have all my upgrade parts in the garage now waiting to be put on. Rockshox Yari RC 170mm front fork, Rockshox Monarch RT 200x57mm rear shock. Wider 740mm red bars and short 35mm stem, different grips, red aluminum wide pedals. Gonna be a good summer 2022 lol
You sir, are well prepared if you wanna go full Rambo, in this time of shortages-get a spare chain! I’ve been down two weeks over a broken chain.

From your thread heading, I mistakenly (optimistically) thought you might be surveying forum members if they had the pleasure of doing business with a 'rockstar owner' of a most awesome ebike shop.

Silly me.

😎

But then I belatedly noticed this was a Sondors branded, subforum, an on-line only D2C.

🤪

(Gag me with a tire lever. Lol. Just kidding. Admittedly They do have some cool ebike designs though )
Huh?

You sir, are well prepared if you wanna go full Rambo, in this time of shortages-get a spare chain! I’ve been down two weeks over a broken chain.
Lol have ordered one of those and recieved it since my post as well 👍🏻, got a kmc e11 125 link chain, my parts stack is getting big lol

Last edited:
I ordered my Rock Star in February of this year with a June delivery date.
However, it looks like I will get my bike in October.
Fingers crossed!

The average wait to get a Rockstar has been around 8 months. Alot of us were
were thinking that once they got into production they would be shipping out
alot sooner than they have been. Unfortunately that's not the case. If you
were lucky enough to have placed an order for one I know it gets frustrating waiting especially when they get delayed.
Know this. you will not be disappointed
when you get it and if for some reason you decide to cancel that's going to help
Help the next person in line who ordered one you after you did to get one even sooner because they are going to sell every one of them. They are not getting rich by holding on to the money, they only make money on how many units they can bring in and that has been severely
compromised because of the current situation.

Ha ha I ordered 3. How about this I ordered a trek hardtail in February. Will not get it till April 2023!

People just need to be pt.It will happen when it happens. The world.of covid affecting everything.

To backup what Lightning 123 said I received my Rockstar yesterday after 8 months and 17 days. It shipped across country via UPS which added to shipping time. It is still in the box at this moment put plan to start on it today...:) Long wait but glad it is over.....

To backup what Lightning 123 said I received my Rockstar yesterday after 8 months and 17 days. It shipped across country via UPS which added to shipping time. It is still in the box at this moment put plan to start on it today...:) Long wait but glad it is over.....
I'll bet that today is going to be a great day for, you congratulations !!!

Sweet, let’s see some pictures once together 👍🏻

The front shock has this , (seems welded,) metal cylinder where the front wheel rod should go in. Not shown in the assembly video....No way to get the front wheel on that I see? Need to get with support on this I think unless someone has a quick answer..ugh..
379f7bec-aa13-4841-bcbb-c8526c73a05b-jpeg.101790

Attachments

• 379F7BEC-AA13-4841-BCBB-C8526C73A05B.jpeg
    379F7BEC-AA13-4841-BCBB-C8526C73A05B.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 1,551
The front shock has this , (seems welded,) metal cylinder where the front wheel rod should go in. Not shown in the assembly video....No way to get the front wheel on that I see? Need to get with support on this I think unless someone has a quick answer..ugh..
That’s kinda weird, can you cut the whole piece out?

Last edited:
I believe that is a beautiful/thick walled piece of aluminum tubing designed to protect the fork (spacing of same) during transport.

I had the hardest time recycling one off my Sondors MSX rather than keeping it in my hardware "possibles" box.

Qouting you might give you a heads up better.

Looks to me from the pictures like it was inserted during the manufacturing process to maintain the spacing, and then painted in place which has effectively glued it in. Made worse if they used heat curing.

If you can confirm that it is just a shipping spacer, cut it in half in the middle and remove it inwards so you don't have to fight the paint thickness.

All, it turn out that the metal cylinder on the shock was unmovable by hand, so, I decided to take a wrench to see if it would move. With the wrench it came loose. Must have been a leftover from the manufacturing process. Anyway, was able to finish the assembly.
My first impressions after less than a mile:
1. Looks are great. Looks better in person than pictures.
2. The shocks seemed very good to me but I'm coming from a hard tail with a MOXO front shock.
3. The motor power seems about as good as my other Bafang 620 ebike but dampened a little.
4. The motor continues a few seconds after you stop pedaling which my other bike doesn't do. Not a big deal.
5. The motor is louder than my other Bafang ebike but not a show stopper.
6. I am 6' 4" so I was concerned it would be on the small side, but the size is ok for me.
Thanks to all for the good information you have provided over the 8 month and 17 day wait......:) I plan to add some things you have suggested.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b678.jpg

Back