Rockstar owners

For people who have this bike, is the pedal assist very granular? Like in the lower assist levels can you get a fair amount of resistance for exercise? I guess if its too much assistance I should be able to plug into a computer and tone it down?
On my first ride, I used the default assist level setting of 5 and I got a good workout on the trails using level 1 assist. In looking at the settings, I noticed you can change the 5 assist levels to 9. I haven't tried it yet but I assume this should give you more of a workout at level 1. Hope that makes sense :)

I've been thinking about it for awhile, they make bolt on kickstands, I just don't know if I want to be dragging one around behind me. In the meantime I've got a suntour front fender on order that should bolt right on to the front forks.

I agree. That click stand doesn't seem that appealing. I'm just afraid many of the bolt on stands may not be able to handle the weight. I guess someone will have to test it. Unfortunately my bike is still a long ways away.

I agree. That click stand doesn't seem that appealing. I'm just afraid many of the bolt on stands may not be able to handle the weight. I guess someone will have to test it. Unfortunately my bike is still a long ways away.
The LX is heavier and it has a kickstand.

Rockbros lkickstand looks like it would
Work. I was on the fence about getting a click stand because who wants to mess with setting it up and talking it down. But I do like the idea of locking up the brakes when it's parked .

I've been thinking about it for awhile, they make bolt on kickstands, I just don't know if I want to be dragging one around behind me. In the meantime I've got a suntour front fender on order that should bolt right on to the front forks.
Curious, why did you order the fender?
They are supposed to come with the bike. The Rockstar build video shows fenders included...I thought the 50$ gift certificate was for the fenders, when available.

Question, now that I'm seeing these starting to be delivered, I noticed early videos by Sondors showed black stanchions on the fork, I'm not seeing that now. Did they change the fork? Or is this just cosmetic?

Last edited:
I got some information after I posted a question about the forks, AION 35 is what they are supposed to be, they have an integrated fender for 30 bucks and it looks just as good or better then what they are going to offer.

I got some information after I posted a question about the forks, AION 35 is what they are supposed to be, they have an integrated fender for 30 bucks and it looks just as good or better then what they are going to offer.
Ok I asked the same question to CS and they responded with very little information except that they upgraded the front fork which now have silver stanchions. 🤔

I'll admit that I'm taking a chance that it's going to work flawlessly, but if it doesn't, I'll bet it's close enough with a little bit of modification.

I'll admit that I'm taking a chance that it's going to work flawlessly, but if it doesn't, I'll bet it's close enough with a little bit of modification.
I'm sure it'll bolt right on. They are definitely using suntour forks. The 34mm rc suntour with 150mm travel also have a bolt on fender

What's going on guys I'm Excited to say that I just picked up my all black matte rockstar and it's all assembled in the back of my truck. I took a ride out to PA and picked it up from someone who was not going to use it and I got it at retail which I'm grateful for especially after seeing that the bike went up $300 in price today. Looking forward to riding it and enjoying it all summer long! Can't wait for All of you to gets yours too! This things a Beast!

I've got a serious case of Rockstar envy
Going on here. You want to talk about some serious luck. I'm hearing alot of good things about it and can't wait to get mine.
Lightning. By the time you get your bike, it will be back to the rainy season here in the Seattle/Tacoma area! Hahaha

Would love to hear some more details from those who have received theirs. Videos too 🙏 pretty please

It's true price is rising
Screenshot_20210412-174709_Chrome.jpg

Back