Road Rash Hurts LOL

glad everyone is ok

i fell 2 days ago on a loose rocky hill that i walked the bike up because i was losing traction and KNEW i should not try to ride down but did anyway
it was steep and lots of big and small loose rock sliding around and washed out areas from the rain

i was also going slow and it wasnt that bad but it was stupid on my part
might have caught the bike and myself if i wasnt on the radrover which is too big for me and i have the seat up way high on it

fine and comfortable when moving but not great for stopping etc
especially stopping like that

really need to get a smaller frame 26 inch fat bike that fits me...

A MTB dropper seatpost is your friend. Lowers the seat for challenging terrain where you needd to be able to move around to control the bike. :) http://www.treefortbikes.com/produc...Kjyu_kiVS6FrsJyVv_NePFhkbdPa69iXxDhoCN9Xw_wcB

saw those on some bikes at a shop, super cool

but usually have my bodyfloat set up on my bikes

would make a big difference if i bought some bikes with frames that fit me lol

but i am not experienced or fit enough to be on that kind of trail anyway lol

saw those on some bikes at a shop, super cool

but usually have my bodyfloat set up on my bikes

would make a big difference if i bought some bikes with frames that fit me lol

but i am not experienced or fit enough to be on that kind of trail anyway lol

:) Watch some Youtube videos. It looks like SO much fun (and is) that I had to start learning. There are some really great teaching videos. Start with a basic wheelie and very soon you're jumping curbs. Then you really start to have fun! And I'm not talking about "hard" trails that are scary or require "real skill". If you learn to loft the front then you can easily get over objects that otherwise you go around or stop and lift the bike over, which gets tiring and boring quickly. Check it out! (as Dr.Brule would say)

thanks mlb, will check out some videos

would not mind improving my bike riding/techniques etc but i have no desire to do any kind of mtn biking

i want wide trails/paved trails that have some hills etc for exercise but do not want to get into single track, downhill etc

my self employed job is totally dependent on me lifting stuff and running a grinder all day
my biggest thing about the bicycles is i must not get hurt period

luckily for me i dont have any desire to do any real mtn biking so dont have to worry about missing out

Back