Rize x vs yukon750 ltd vs radrover 5

Bsahni

Hi All,

I a would like to purchase an ebike that can handle my weight (265 lbs) and my budget (around 2000 cdn). I would like something that I could use on the trails and on road... I have shortlisted them to the following 3.

Volt yukon 750 ltd

Radrover 5

Rize x

Does anyone have any experience with these or would recommend one over the other? Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

I have no first hand experience with the Volt or Rize bikes, but just looking at the specs and comparing those to the RAD Rover, it looks like it's out classed with bigger batteries and hydraulic brakes on both of the others -BUT- it looks like you are paying a premium to get those.

Tough call, maybe depending on if you can justify the extra money for the bigger battery? Hydraulic brakes would be nice, but I know the Rad mechanicals aren't really lacking even when pushed. I'm 315 lbs, and spend a lot of time riding in an area with some pretty big hills, and I've never felt them lacking anyway. My opinion, FWIW. -Al

Oh, almost forgot. My bike would be equipped with a thottle. No if's to it!

I have no first hand experience with the Volt or Rize bikes, but just looking at the specs and comparing those to the RAD Rover, it looks like it's out classed with bigger batteries and hydraulic brakes on both of the others -BUT- it looks like you are paying a premium to get those.

Tough call, maybe depending on if you can justify the extra money for the bigger battery? Hydraulic brakes would be nice, but I know the Rad mechanicals aren't really lacking even when pushed. I'm 315 lbs, and spend a lot of time riding in an area with some pretty big hills, and I've never felt them lacking anyway. My opinion, FWIW. -Al

Oh, almost forgot. My bike would be equipped with a thottle. No if's to it!

Thanks for that. What bike do you have?

My bike started out life as a '17 RAD City, which I love dearly, but I modified it a couple of times to get it that way. Original 750w direct drive rear hub was replaced with a 1500w direct drive, as well as a different (user configurable) controller with a 35a capacity. Then I swapped a MAC 12t gear driven rear hub into it, which gave me the performance and hill climbing ability I was after (finally!). Knobby original tires were swapped out for a street tread (much quieter!), suspension seat post installed (so soft it feels like my back tire is low), and a Cloud 9 seat. Now we're happinin!

Yes, a picky DIY'er. I wanted it my way, and the fewer compromises the better!

Bigger point might be even with the work I've done to it, it's still a pretty affordable bike - mostly because I started with a fairly economical bike and learned from it, using it as a base to modify as required. -Al

Wow. Nothing wrong with being picky. Hopefully I can get to that stage at some point!!

I am currently leaning towards yukon 750 Ltd.

I was thinking the same. Plus you are getting a helmet and front rack with the limited edition.

I think they are limiting the speed for Canada to 35km/hr to pass regulations. Im hoping there is a way to get around that .....

I have a 2018 Yukon 750 and I love it. Had 3500 km on it before it ran into any issues and they were caused by me crashing and cutting my motor cable. I ride year round through rain, snow (not a lot) and ice and have never been disappointed. I have done some off road riding, nothing crazy, mostly compact trails and logging roads and again never disappointed. Now that my warranty is off, I am starting to play with it, like changing the controller. Great bike for the price. I have test ridden expensive $5k and $8k mid drives (not fat bikes) and I still liked the ride of my $2k CAD Yukon 750. Worth the cost for sure.

I have a 2018 Yukon 750 and I love it. Had 3500 km on it before it ran into any issues and they were caused by me crashing and cutting my motor cable. I ride year round through rain, snow (not a lot) and ice and have never been disappointed. I have done some off road riding, nothing crazy, mostly compact trails and logging roads and again never disappointed. Now that my warranty is off, I am starting to play with it, like changing the controller. Great bike for the price. I have test ridden expensive $5k and $8k mid drives (not fat bikes) and I still liked the ride of my $2k CAD Yukon 750. Worth the cost for sure.

Thanks for that. I've heard nothing but positive experiences so far from people.

Just curious, do you know if VoltBike use "Real 750W" motor? Or is it an overboosted 350W motor?

Ebike tuner, Bolton Bikes has been saying that Rad Power does not use actual 750W motor, rather, it is an overboosted 350W.
This kind of practice is very common in ebike industry, since motors can be overboosted relatively safely.

As you can see, the real 750W motor has beefy internals, bigger magnet, bigger stator, etc.

Bolton Controller & Display
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Bolton "Real 750W" Motor
I know the motor in the Yukon 750 is actually a 500w that is overvolted to 750. I know this because when I cut my motor cable it fried some hall sensors and it was faster for me to order a complete 750w motor then the hall sensors...which I ordered at the same time. Got the motor in 2 weeks, the hall sensors 69 days. In any case I measured the stator on the old and the new and the new stator is larger. Pics attached. There is more torque with the new 750 but it also sucks back the juice faster. I used to be able to ride 32km at PAS 9 riding hard and had 3 bars left. With the new motor relatively same speed but only 1-2 bars left

Attachments

• PSX_20200509_231606.jpg
    PSX_20200509_231606.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 432
  • PSX_20200509_231627.jpg
    PSX_20200509_231627.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 445
Back