Rize mini?

all4bees

Anyone own or have experience with the rizebike mini?
I'm assuming it's very similar to the sparkbike mini with some additional changes/upgrades...

I can't speak to the new Rize version, but I've had the Spark Mini since last summer, and haven't had any problems.

X2 on what antboy says. I don't think there is a big diference between the Spark and Rize mini either based on reading the spec on the webpages. Just a name change and the typical new model upgrades.

Anyone own or have experience with the rizebike mini?
I'm assuming it's very similar to the sparkbike mini with some additional changes/upgrades...
My brother and I bought 1 each on Monday. Easy ordering, picked it up from Rizes warehouse in Carson CA. About an hour later. Easy assembly, bikes look stellar upon first glance. Has a nice lock code one LCD display to enhance security of the bike. Also comes with 2 keys. We got the 19.2 AhLG battery with hydraulic brakes. Has nice little front light pretty bright back brake light that stays on or you can have it flash. This is a bitching bike. Used the LCD advanced settings menu to increase mph to 28 mph. I had mine easily motoring down a small hill by my house on my watch to put air in tires going 33mph. It moves! Strong out the gate with pedal assist performing flawlessly. About the only thing I wished they did was give a real horn, it has like a bell on it now. Other than that my brother and looked at a ton of other bikes, Rize mini 2020 checked all our boxes we wanted, folding(very easy to unfold/fold), fast 28 mph easy with throttle only faster when I pedal assisted (pedal assist at 9, gear in 7th position.) Nice Kendra tires, hydraulic brakes (stops easily and smoothly) has cruise control!!!! Came with sturdy plastic mudguards( I think are better than metal or aluminum because these are more scratch / dent resistant. RIZE was only company that we could get the bike in a matter of days ( for us hours) and not have to wait two of three weeks For bikes that other companies said were in stock, but would take weeks versus days to get. Stoked we went with the RIZE mini 2020.

Kevin Empting and Mike Empting
Southern California USA

@antboy @Grump010 at high speeds do you lose peddle and there is no peddle resistance in rize or Spark mini? Also do you have to keep tightening nuts and screws on the bike? (possible indication of using cheap parts?)

I have had no issues with my mini so far, everything has stayed tight and aligned. I'm not sure of your question but I'll answer to what I think your asking... I have not hit a point yet that there isn't pedal resistance at any speed on level ground.

@antboy @Grump010 at high speeds do you lose peddle and there is no peddle resistance in rize or Spark mini? Also do you have to keep tightening nuts and screws on the bike? (possible indication of using cheap parts?)
I'll second what Grump said regarding resistance, even on a tweaked bike over the official 32kph limit.

For nuts/screws, I regularly check key components, especially the wheels. I've always been like that with all my bikes.

One of the nuts on the front wheel was "finger loose" just two weeks ago, but it's the first such incident, after well over 1000km mileage. Since tightening, I've been watching it before/after every ride and it's still tight about 100km later.

Back