Rize Bolt vs BPM Imports F-15X

Hello all,

It's come down to these 2 bikes, and i can't seem to decide.

Both similarly priced and with different feature sets that set one apart from the other.

Standout features:

Rize Bolt:
500 watt motor
Front suspension
Low step thru
20 x 2.5 tyres
12 magnets cadence sensors
Thumb throttle
Included rear rack and mudguards
48V*13AH LG Lithium Ion

BPM F-15X:
750 watt motor
No front suspension
Mid step thru
20 x 4 fat tyres
8 magnets cadence sensors
Twist throttle
Included (welded on) rear rack and fenders
48V*13AH Samsung Lithium Ion

Now these are not the cadillacs of folding ebikes, but decent enough entry level ebikes at the price points.

Main use would be for generally riding around to places like the park, store, get a haircut etc, not necessarily as a primary mode of transport. Since this lockdown situation, i've been exploring the neighbourhood on foot (1.5 - 2 mile walk every morning) and finding out places i never know existed.

Both are priced the same, although the BPM F-15X has a $100 off coupon (*bringing it less than the Rize Bolt but then add on an extra $100 for the 1 yr warranty and it cancels out*).

If it came down to just these two, which would be the one to get?

Thank you all.

Last edited:
Wow really similar. I like both bikes and have considered both brands in my search.
keep in mind some manufacturers use marketing to bypass legal restrictions. For example...

For intended purpose:
Rise has 500 watt. But 48v 13ah=624 So it’s labeled 500 but it’s over “powered “ and thus you are paying less money for more watts if you follow. Box says 500 but you’re getting 624.

BPm has the same specs.... but wait...Rize actually posts the torque as 65N.m. This is the crucial difference between the two. Have not been able to find the torque value for the BPM bike but if you live in the hills torque matters.

I have to say there seems to be a better website for Rize but I’m strongly considering.

Wow really similar. I like both bikes and have considered both brands in my search.
keep in mind some manufacturers use marketing to bypass legal restrictions. For example...

For intended purpose:
Rise has 500 watt. But 48v 13ah=624 So it’s labeled 500 but it’s over “powered “ and thus you are paying less money for more watts if you follow. Box says 500 but you’re getting 624.

BPm has the same specs.... but wait...Rize actually posts the torque as 65N.m. This is the crucial difference between the two. Have not been able to find the torque value for the BPM bike but if you live in the hills torque matters.

I have to say there seems to be a better website for Rize but I’m strongly considering.

Oh come on mate, i'm looking for someone to nudge me over one or the other...😏

Yes, the Rize site seems all around more polished, and the few correspondences i've had with both Rize and BPM have been prompt (BPM) and very starkly different (Rize sounding more professional).

(The 500 watt on the Rize is the motor, that's what it's referring to. They're both 624 watt hour battery, yes.)

Rise looks way better to me. 2.5" tires are more appropriate for that bike, and i like the front suspension better than the bigger tires on the BMP, and I love Thumb Throttles and hate twist throttles....

But wait... maybe the BMP is simpler no suspension to mess with (check weight), just replace the throttle, mid step through is nicer, maybe more robust, and I like SAMSUNG batteries more than LG, but really one can't say until the exact Cells used are identified.

I guess you buy one and see how it goes.

If i read between the lines, i'd wager you're giving the slight nod to the Rize?

I did worry about the 20 x 2.25 vs 20 x 4 tyres seeing as i'm right at the weight limit. Consensus seems to be that maneuverability is better on the narrower 2.25. I guess the BPM does not include a front shock due to the 4 inch fat tyre.

Hmmm, tough one still...

I'd recommend Rize.

Last year, when Rize was still called Spark, we ordered his and hers Spark Mini's (their 20x4 fat folders). Both bikes have seen about 1800km now (well, one is about 1400km), with no issues.

The customer service experience was good with them, both before and after the brand change.

A few other points, mostly personal preference...

1) Personally not a fan of welded on racks. I haven't changed out my rack, but I like the option, :)

2) The fenders on the Rize give you more coverage. You'll REALLY appreciate this in anything but dry conditions. The BPM fenders might as well be cosmetic, especially the front.

3) I don't mean to spend your money for you, but if you can swing it, I'd consider the upgraded Rize.

The hydraulic brake upgrade is nice, but not a big deal on its own, IMHO, but the extra battery life makes it worth considering.

It translates to about 30% more range. From my personal experience as a 200lb not-very-aggressive rider (average speed about 22kph), it would turn almost 60km per charge into 78km (or if in miles 36 to would become 47ish?).

This might not matter if you don't plan on doing longer rides, but it's food for thought.

I'd recommend Rize.

Last year, when Rize was still called Spark, we ordered his and hers Spark Mini's (their 20x4 fat folders). Both bikes have seen about 1800km now (well, one is about 1400km), with no issues.

The customer service experience was good with them, both before and after the brand change.

A few other points, mostly personal preference...

1) Personally not a fan of welded on racks. I haven't changed out my rack, but I like the option, :)

2) The fenders on the Rize give you more coverage. You'll REALLY appreciate this in anything but dry conditions. The BPM fenders might as well be cosmetic, especially the front.

3) I don't mean to spend your money for you, but if you can swing it, I'd consider the upgraded Rize.

The hydraulic brake upgrade is nice, but not a big deal on its own, IMHO, but the extra battery life makes it worth considering.

It translates to about 30% more range. From my personal experience as a 200lb not-very-aggressive rider (average speed about 22kph), it would turn almost 60km per charge into 78km (or if in miles 36 to would become 47ish?).

This might not matter if you don't plan on doing longer rides, but it's food for thought.

Good points here...

So what did you end up getting? I am looking at the Rize Bolt as well! I like the non-fat tires and the fact that it folds...

I think I may have posted this in to spots. Anyway, here's my reply from the other part.

No, I could never come to a final decision really. I was leaning towards the Bolt, it looked better, more polished and detailed website and response from the correspondences I had with them, although the BPM folks were very prompt in their response.
It really came down to rider weight limit for me.
The Bolt is speced at max 250lbs and they Rize folks told me not to exceed that as they couldn't guarantee things wouldn't go wrong (re warranty). I'll be over the limit if that's the case.

Seemed odd, as most folders I've come across also add the weight the rear rack can handle. For example, the rear rack can typically handle an extra 50lbs, which would bring the total to 300lbs.

So, I'm still on the hunt, sadly. Of late my attention is on the Qualisports Beluga.

I considered the Lectric, but that's not available till August/September.

I like the BPM much more, at least it's a 750! I would never buy anything with a 500watt hub motor,just not enough juice for me,BPM also looks better imo

Unfortunately the motor spec is not too reliable. It would be better if they just listed the max operating amperage for the controller and it's peek level. I have what is spec'd as a 500W hub motor on one bike and it's great for power and 40 km/h on a loaded bike with 25lbs cargo and 180lb rider. The next year they were advertising the bike as having a 750W motor, really doubt they changed the motor, but they may have improved the specs for the controller as the price of the bike did not change.

Still; it seems you are at the max weight capacity for many bikes, so a 750W or 1000W motor may be advisable depending on the type of riding you want to do. Much more expensive, but something like the Hyper Scorpion might be the type of bike you might enjoy especially if you intend to use throttle more than pedal assist. If pedaling more I would want to try that style first.

Actually black since I got the upgraded version with hydraulic brakes and 17 Ah and white was sold out. The gray is in the less expensive version only 😊

Back