Rize Blade 2020: Any reviews?

thehoags

Hi everyone, I'm looking at purchasing the Blade bike from Rize and just wondering if anyone has any experience and reviews with this particular bike? How is the quality? What is the typical range?
Thanks so much.

I just got a Rize Mini, quality is very good, no cheap component, the bottle holder is on the cheap side, the back rack also have a part made in plastic (the 2 rails that prevent the horizontal movement) everything else is top notch, the assembly of the mini is quick since only the handle bar need to be installed, everything else is already assembled, I double checked a lot and found noting left loose.

I will also fix the gromet at the botom where the controler is, it's loose and not very water tight, easy to fix but should be better designed since it's an important detail.

Their display is made by Baffang too and is very nice, I have not made long ride yet but with pedal assist mode I did 60KM so far, about 3hr charge total to top it back, somehow my gauge is not very good at displaying battery level, but after my first trip of 21KM the battery was 85% and this was at least with 12KM done on the throttle alone

For fun, I calculated the cost of charge in my area, it's about 5 cents to fully charge the battery from 0...

I have reduced the responsiveness of the motor (it's an option in the menu), this thing has torque, I weight 190Lbs and I go up at 25 with very little pedaling, I was finding the response a bit too fast. I have removed the limit and went easilly to 42KM/HR, in fact it could go faster as I was not at full pedal assist mode. It is impressive as the bike weight 65Lbs with large 4" tire!

I will post a better review once I do some real trip with it but so far I am very happy with the purchase, the rize mini is probably made in the same place as most of their other model so I would blindly buy another model now :)

I just got a Rize Mini, quality is very good, no cheap component, the bottle holder is on the cheap side, the back rack also have a part made in plastic (the 2 rails that prevent the horizontal movement) everything else is top notch, the assembly of the mini is quick since only the handle bar need to be installed, everything else is already assembled, I double checked a lot and found noting left loose.

I will also fix the gromet at the botom where the controler is, it's loose and not very water tight, easy to fix but should be better designed since it's an important detail.

Their display is made by Baffang too and is very nice, I have not made long ride yet but with pedal assist mode I did 60KM so far, about 3hr charge total to top it back, somehow my gauge is not very good at displaying battery level, but after my first trip of 21KM the battery was 85% and this was at least with 12KM done on the throttle alone

For fun, I calculated the cost of charge in my area, it's about 5 cents to fully charge the battery from 0...

I have reduced the responsiveness of the motor (it's an option in the menu), this thing has torque, I weight 190Lbs and I go up at 25 with very little pedaling, I was finding the response a bit too fast. I have removed the limit and went easilly to 42KM/HR, in fact it could go faster as I was not at full pedal assist mode. It is impressive as the bike weight 65Lbs with large 4" tire!

I will post a better review once I do some real trip with it but so far I am very happy with the purchase, the rize mini is probably made in the same place as most of their other model so I would blindly buy another model now :)

Thanks so much for the response and videos. These Rize bikes look awesome. Personally, I like how the Blade looks with that long scooter style seat. I'm super excited to get one of these bikes.

Are these bikes waterproof in the event I get caught in a rainstorm?

That's a great recommendation for the Rize bikes. I'm keen to get the Blade as well as it offers everything I think i would use out of it. I come from a mountain bike/ dual sport mindset from the last 30 years and I think it could be a great grocery getter as well as taking trails to get there.

Back