Ripcurrent assembly questions

Imonlyhooman

I put the bike mostly together. I could not find a manual with full assembly instructions, just partial videos of certain parts.

I have a few pieces left I can not find where they attach. Anyone have an assembled Ripcurrent they can send me a picture where this stuff goes?

There is a rear light, 2 rods, and 3 reflectors

I don't see how to attach them at all

Also got my bike with no battery but they are closed for holidays so hopefully that will be a fast solution and I can try this thing out!

Attachments

• 20181222_192221.jpg
    20181222_192221.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 549
Two rods are spare spokes. The others are just reflectors. You don't need them - or you may desire more visibility and install them -somewhere. I had those all included on my CCX and they are just in my spare parts bin.

Very disconcerting to hear that your bike was shipped sans battery. Bizarre that they are still doing that this far into the game.

It's like the old days of getting a Christmas present and then finding out that batteries are not included - and you don't have any batteries and all the stores are closed.

Edit: The red light is the rear tail light. Mine came preinstalled. It attaches under the rear rack. Battery powered - not powered by the bike.

Last edited:
So if I don't have a rear rack (this model doesn't have it) then I don't have a rear light?

Sorry about that. I have a CCX and it has the rear rack. Somebody with a Ripcurrent can respond better. You could also Google images of Ripcurrent and see if it shows any attachments.

Here's the Rear LED light guide from Juiced's FAQ page:

https://support.juicedbikes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018359611-Rear-LED-light-guide

It only shows attachment to a rack, however.

I tried, and in the photos I don't see a rear light or reflectors anywhere? Which is odd, because it says it comes with a rear light....but do they just mean it comes with one that you have to buy a rack to install later?

I don't know much about the Ripcurrent. I Googled some pics and they all include the rear rack. Do you know if it comes with it or not? I'l take a look at their website. Is there a chance they forgot to send you the rack as well as the battery?

Rear lights are cheap and you have a million choices to choose from. 2 Duracell aaa's and they last forever unless you bang them up. I wouldn't sweat that at all. Now if you didn't get the front light that would be an issue with me. I like the front light that comes with the bikes.

Hello Imonlyhooma

I welcome you here to EBR and to the Juiced Bike community. I hope you will enjoy the RipCurrent as much as I am.
20181223_155323.jpg20181223_155250.jpg
So . . . on to you questions. I take it from your post that you have the RipCurrent. The RipCurrent S comes with the rear rack as standard equipment. You would have to order the rear rack separately with the base RipCurrent. The rear light/reflector. would be installed on the rear rack on what looks like a licence plate holder, see the attached photo. There are three nuts in the poly bag, the two smaller ones are for the light. OK, for those who look closely, YES, I know, it's installed upside down. Well, I don't know, I guess it depends on how you look at it . . .Yes! Maybe I have some Australian blood in me?

The two rods that you have are spare spokes for the bike. Included in the poly bag you should find two nipples that are for the spokes as well. Juiced started including them because of an issue with broken spokes in the past. Juiced has corrected that problem with new spokes from a different manufacture on all current bikes. Also some people were having problems with some local bike shops not carrying the correct length spokes. So, a good item to have just in case.

The square clear reflector is meant to install on the handlebar facing forward and the red one on the seat post facing the back. Your base RipCurrent should include the front 1050 lumen headlight. The reflector is an additional safety item if you ride without turning on the headlight. It's up to you if you want to install it.

The two clear oval reflectors are meant to be installed in between the spokes of your front and read wheels, see the attached photo. Another safety item, and I believe in some states a requirement for side visibility.

Well, I hope that helps clear up you questions. Now . . . get out there and start cycling !!

Thanks!

For the front reflector, have you figured a way for it to sit without being off centered and looking funny?

Rear I just have no way of mounting without buying a rack it looks like. Weird it comes with items you can't use and advertised on part of the bike.

As shipped by Juiced Bikes, it is going to be off center. You could purchase a handlebar extension such as this
61e9XL4KEVL._SL1000_.jpg or this 71Elf99Sb6L._SL1500_.jpg and attach the reflector to it. Don't know if its worth it though.

As for the rear light, you could purchase a third party light such as the Cygolight. Many choices,styles and brands.

Just look on Amazon for bike rear tail light.

713G3T5RT0L._SL1500_.jpg 71QVb3tkRZL._SL1500_.jpg 71S5u4vh2wL._SL1500_.jpg

Sorry to hear you received your new bike without a battery. That happened to me too and the good news is that Juiced expedited the battery and I had it in 2 days, it was just really hard looking at it for a few days not being able to ride it. Just a suggestion, I highly recommend you go back and watch the partial video on installing the battery - it seems easy, but it's very tight fitting and you want to make sure it's secure and locked in place. I have an RCS and love it. Juiced is really responsive both via email and on phone. Enjoy your new bike.

I highly recommend getting a USB rechargeable cygolight - find an older model/version and they're less than $25. IMO, much safer than a solid on or steady blinking light. The different burst over steady modes that it offers is much more likely to draw attention. Don't bother installing the stock light unless you need a rear reflector. (I just got a CCS and plan to never put batteries in the stock rear light)

WOW, I always thought handlebar extensions were for gripping your hands with the handles that mount on the bar ends, LOL. You guys are teaching me a lot. W/no room on my bars that single mount extension just might be in order for my smart phone mount and to place my horn. Hear that GIANT sucking sound? That's money folks!

Here's a link the tail light I have on my 3 bikes and I really love it. It is easy to recharge with a USB cable and it lasts a long time on a single charge, like over a month now. Also, it has a gyro in it that senses motion so when you are riding and it is on if you apply the brakes or even let up on the pedaling it brightens like brake lights, it pretty neat. I found it on Amazon for under $20 before, but I guess it is more now, but to me it's really worth it. Just another option if you're still looking for a tail light.

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable...d=1545762363&sr=1-20&keywords=bike+tail+light

I also put a very cool alarm on my bike that I completely love. It is super loud and has a warning sound when the bike is touched or bumped. You set it and disarm it with the included remote and this thing is loud.

https://www.amazon.com/Baynne-Wirel...qid=1545762899&sr=1-57&keywords=bicycle+alarm

Just a couple of ideas for the new ride.

Edit: I too got the bar extender and moved my LCD controller to that so it frees space on the bars.

No, it is adjustable. I too was worried that it would be going off all the time like a bad car alarm but it has different settings for sensitivity if it goes off too easy but mine was perfect out of the box and won't go off unless someone touches the bike. If I tap a finger on the seat the warning sound goes off, if I tap a finger again within 30 seconds the full alarm goes off, but other than that it stays quiet. The price for what it does to me is really unbelievable.

I put the bike mostly together. I could not find a manual with full assembly instructions, just partial videos of certain parts.

I have a few pieces left I can not find where they attach. Anyone have an assembled Ripcurrent they can send me a picture where this stuff goes?

There is a rear light, 2 rods, and 3 reflectors

I don't see how to attach them at all

Also got my bike with no battery but they are closed for holidays so hopefully that will be a fast solution and I can try this thing out!
2wheeler- I had the same situation-contacted Juiced and was apprised that the rods are extra spokes and the small screw/like things are extra spoke retainers.

Back