Riese & Muller Accessories

S_Cunningham

Region
Canada
I recently purchased a 2020 R & M Multicharger from my LBS here in Vancouver Canada (not direct from factory but already built and in store) and am now trying to comprehend if there is any possible way I can purchase accessories? I've been told it's almost impossible, with shortages, shipping duty charges etc. I'm wondering if the group has any experience in ordering accessories after the fact, and if anyone has tried to fit other bike brand accessories on as a fix (Tern?) Interested in any opinions.

I recently purchased a 2020 R & M Multicharger from my LBS here in Vancouver Canada (not direct from factory but already built and in store) and am now trying to comprehend if there is any possible way I can purchase accessories? I've been told it's almost impossible, with shortages, shipping duty charges etc. I'm wondering if the group has any experience in ordering accessories after the fact, and if anyone has tried to fit other bike brand accessories on as a fix (Tern?) Interested in any opinions.
what specific items are you looking to add? I have a Delite Mountain and a Homage that have been customized quite nicely with other than OEM items.

what specific items are you looking to add? I have a Delite Mountain and a Homage that have been customized quite nicely with other than OEM items.
Primarily looking at the 'Safety bar kit' and options to allow me to transport my kids (4 and 7 years old) safely

Primarily looking at the 'Safety bar kit' and options to allow me to transport my kids (4 and 7 years old) safely
Ah, well that would have to come from R&M. Have city cycles order it and then wait, likely many months. You might consider getting a Burley trailer for the kiddos instead. It might be a good option on that bike, especially for the four year old.

Look into the Tern product line. I had same problems as you. My order (from Vancouver LBS as well) of a Multicharger Mixte was placed back in September and I wanted to add on a couple of accessories. Centre stand and the original cargo bags after I placed my order. The LBS said it was not possible unless at great expense (shipping and duties) but also for the same reasons that you mentioned. I am going to use a TERN centre stand from the GSD model because lots of people who purchased this bike, upgrade the centre stand and the LBS has a few of them (brand new) sitting on the shelf. The bags will be the TERN cargo hold (37 L each) that will fit well and have a slightly larger volume than the R&M accessory.

Back