Riding position: Nevo or Multicharger?

decay

My third ebike is now looking to be a R&M. I am especially attracted to the convenience of the low step-in models: nevo, and multicharger mixte. Between the two models I equally like the large panniers for the multicharger and the really low step-in on the nevo.

I am not an athlete by any stretch of the word, more like a normal 50-year old. I bike both shorter distances for shopping and friends, but also on and off commute 14 km to work.

Anyone with experience riding both? Anyone with experience riding longer distances on the Nevo? The upright position of the Nevo is clearly convenient on short trips, but is it a drawback on longer trips or when going (slightly) off road? How big (subjectively) is the difference in riding position between nevo and multicharger?

My third ebike is now looking to be a R&M. I am especially attracted to the convenience of the low step-in models: nevo, and multicharger mixte. Between the two models I equally like the large panniers for the multicharger and the really low step-in on the nevo.

I am not an athlete by any stretch of the word, more like a normal 50-year old. I bike both shorter distances for shopping and friends, but also on and off commute 14 km to work.

Anyone with experience riding both? Anyone with experience riding longer distances on the Nevo? The upright position of the Nevo is clearly convenient on short trips, but is it a drawback on longer trips or when going (slightly) off road? How big (subjectively) is the difference in riding position between nevo and multicharger?
Hi there.
I have the R&M Multicharger and I had them replace the stem with the one from the Nevo so that I had a more upright riding position. So glad I did this because with the cargo capacity of the Multicharger it makes for a much more versatile bike.
Hope that helps!

Funny you say that because I just ordered a multicharger with the intent to try with another stem! I hadn't though about trying the Nevo stem, but if you are happy with that stem I will also try it. Thanks!

My biggest gripe with my old bike (a Winora Yakun that was stolen) was that I couldn't take enough cargo with it, at least not in a convenient way. For instance for grocery shopping. I don't understand why almost all ebikes have such a flimsy rack, but as it is the multicharger is unusual.

The upright position of the Nevo is clearly convenient on short trips, but is it a drawback on longer trips or when going (slightly) off road? How big (subjectively) is the difference in riding position between nevo and multicharger?

I am currently on a self-supported x-country tour on a Nevo GX Rohloff. My longest day was 237.8 miles, from Jefferson IA to Harmony, MN. I’ve also logged a good number of 120+ days. I put an Ergotec adjustable stem on the bike in anticipation, but I wouldn’t say the upright position on the Nevo has posed any problem at all. My biggest issue over long distances is that dreadful button pad for E-14. The tips of my fingers are left without feeling, ugh.

I do have a Jones bar on the bike as well, so I have a lot of options for tilting etc. You might want to consider which bike you prefer and make similar changes that will be adjustable according to your riding style.

True story on a Charger last year: I rested for a bit on the Jones bar and marveled at how easy my ride became. In fact, my arm was pressing against the mode switch so I was inadvertently in Turbo. Oh, well.

Funny you say that because I just ordered a multicharger with the intent to try with another stem! I hadn't though about trying the Nevo stem, but if you are happy with that stem I will also try it. Thanks!

My biggest gripe with my old bike (a Winora Yakun that was stolen) was that I couldn't take enough cargo with it, at least not in a convenient way. For instance for grocery shopping. I don't understand why almost all ebikes have such a flimsy rack, but as it is the multicharger is unusual.
Agreed! That was my main focus for the Multicharger (groceries,etc.). I can even do a Costco run with it! Enjoy!!

Back