Rider made a comment yesterday on the trail

I have a T shirt that says, “I’ve had 5 strokes. What’s your excuse?”

And it’s true.

Given this thread, I think I’ll wear that when out riding. I have residual left leg weakness and chronic post stroke fatigue, so I need an e bike to get me home safely once I’ve hit the wall, something that is unpredictable.

Last edited:
I have had 2 heart attacks, so maybe I can get a shirt for that.
Good idea!

Well, I had the heart attack and bypass 12 years ago, and the strokes (and hemiplegia, which resolved with heart stents in my brain and months of PT) 4 years ago.

But I don’t think I can fit all that on a T shirt since I’ve lost 85 pounds.

Last edited:
I find the best way to ignore the idiots is to put my earbuds in and crank the music, I don’t hear any comments 🙂

I am 60, with a leg problem. I had power assist added to my trike last year and now I can ride 4-5 times a week on the trails with no problem. I’m not in a race, I average 10-12 mph, I use the assist as little as I can, only use the throttle when I have to cross a road. I am getting my exercise, enjoying the outdoors, and don’t give a crap what other riders think about it, why should I. Just ride, enjoy yourselves and don’t worry about.

I remember several months ago, on my Vado 4.0, pulling up to an intersection in the Financial District of San Francisco on my way home one evening. I had just turned from Market St., so there were a few riders with me along with some car traffic. I was in the bus lane, as there was no bike lane on this street.

I pulled up to the intersection and there was a OneWheel rider already there. An electric skateboard pulled up a second later. The Muni bus (also fully electric) was across the intersection ahead of us, about to pull away. And a Tesla was stopped in one of the traffic lanes to our left.

There was a hippie-looking dude on a conventional, highly "customized" bike who I had passed a few seconds before on Market who rolled up and assessed the situation by screaming at the top of his lungs for the crowds on the sidewalks and everyone else to hear: "F***! Is every GD thing electric?!?"

The light changed. The guy on the skateboard said to him, "everything but you, dude," and we all pulled away up the slight incline, leaving him far behind.

I remember several months ago, on my Vado 4.0, pulling up to an intersection in the Financial District of San Francisco on my way home one evening. I had just turned from Market St., so there were a few riders with me along with some car traffic. I was in the bus lane, as there was no bike lane on this street.

I pulled up to the intersection and there was a OneWheel rider already there. An electric skateboard pulled up a second later. The Muni bus (also fully electric) was across the intersection ahead of us, about to pull away. And a Tesla was stopped in one of the traffic lanes to our left.

There was a hippie-looking dude on a conventional, highly "customized" bike who I had passed a few seconds before on Market who rolled up and assessed the situation by screaming at the top of his lungs for the crowds on the sidewalks and everyone else to hear: "F***! Is every GD thing electric?!?"

The light changed. The guy on the skateboard said to him, "everything but you, dude," and we all pulled away up the slight incline, leaving him far behind.
A good one!

My sweet little elderly neighbor told me last night she had been seeing me on my bike and asked if I was commuting. I told her I was and proceeded to tell her about my new Vado. She said "Oh, I thought you were like a real biker." 😒

Back