ride1up ?

It was between the 700 and a Rad Rover this spring. I actually ordered the 700 but then changed my mind and purchased the rover and very glad I did. I love my rover and I'm sure I would have liked the 700 as well but I have groomed trails near my house that put up signs not long after I bought my bike that wouldn't allow class 2&3 E bikes. I can easily convert my rover to class 1 by unplugging the throttle but that wouldn't help with the 700.

I can easily convert my rover to class 1 by unplugging the throttle but that wouldn't help with the 700.
You might be able to do that. I'm not sure how easy it is to remove the throttle, but there's a setting in the menu for speed limit, so that you could limit it to class 1 speeds.

◆Speed-limit Settings The default value is 25Km/h. Speed Limit represents the limit speed settings. When the current speed is faster than speed limit, the E-bike system will be switched off automatically. Speed limit range is 12Km/h to 40Km/h.

In common American terms, that translates to a speed of 7.5mph to 25mph that you could select for the speed limit.

Edit: I am referring to the "700" part of your comment, not the Radrover.

Last edited:
You might be able to do that. I'm not sure how easy it is to remove the throttle, but there's a setting in the menu for speed limit, so that you could limit it to class 1 speeds.

◆Speed-limit Settings The default value is 25Km/h. Speed Limit represents the limit speed settings. When the current speed is faster than speed limit, the E-bike system will be switched off automatically. Speed limit range is 12Km/h to 40Km/h.

In common American terms, that translates to a speed of 7.5mph to 25mph that you could select for the speed limit.
The rover top speed and upper limit motor size is already the same as class 1. No need to remove the throttle. Just unplug it before riding on the trail and plug it back in after leaving the trail.

The rover top speed and upper limit motor size is already the same as class 1. No need to remove the throttle. Just unplug it before riding on the trail and plug it back in after leaving the trail.
The setting I referred to was about limiting the 700 to class 1 speeds, not the Radrover since it was mentioned that it might not be able to be done with the 700, but it's a quick change in the settings to limit the speed. Not sure how easy the throttle is to remove, or unplug it, as the effect is essentially the same. I think it would be a very easy change to make, then the 700 would be "class 1". Unless the trail police are real sticklers on what the bike can be enabled to do through the menu and plugging in the throttle.

Last edited:
Back