Review of the 30+ MPH Juiced HyperScorpion electric moped

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
Interesting review and video for those who are anxiously awaiting delivery... ;)

The Juiced HyperScorpion is one of the most anticipated electric mopeds of 2020. Pushed behind schedule by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is finally preparing to ship to the first reservation holders later this month. Ahead of the first shipments, Juiced Bikes has released a detailed video showing off the many features and components that set the Juiced HyperScorpion apart from other e-bikes. As founder and CEO of Juiced Bikes Tora Harris explained, the goal of the Juiced HyperScorpion was to create a retro-inspired electric moped that could still appeal to a wide group of present-day riders.
“The original concept was to be a retro style moped like you saw in the 70’s and just make it electric. And I think we definitely hit that target. One of the issues with step- through frame bikes is they can kind of look a little bit goofy so we wanted to make them look actually cool but still retain the step-through so that anybody could ride this bike.”

I would have bought that instead of the e scooter it would be more practical but I would not buy if if I want to peddle its just not practical for long rides.

I agree... more of a moped, than an EBike.
I had a cool sit-down e scooter called a urb-e I was too sick to ride so that worked well for me. then I wanted to commute more but it was not practical to ride the 20 miles a day on it. and I was looking for a more practical e scooter. this would have done the job well. but once I realized how e bikes worked and did a test ride it was love at first sight. I love passing people that use throttle only.

I would have bought that instead of the e scooter it would be more practical but I would not buy if if I want to peddle its just not practical for long rides.
Thanks, I will look into it.
I had a cool sit-down e scooter called a urb-e I was too sick to ride so that worked well for me. then I wanted to commute more but it was not practical to ride the 20 miles a day on it. and I was looking for a more practical e scooter. this would have done the job well. but once I realized how e bikes worked and did a test ride it was love at first sight. I love passing people that use throttle only.
Thanks again W

Oh, 'da bums! They are building the brushed aluminum units last, and that's what we have on order.

Looks like it could be worth the wait though. :)

I can't imagine a grown ass man riding that.
Yeah, I would probably look like a monkey... doing a football if I rode it. Although Tora Harris is no small/short guy and he doesn't look too bad on it.

I bought it to surprise my wife. She has a 'need for speed'. But I may just have to take it out for at least 1 test ride... ;)

I do think that the new Super73's look really good (especially the blue one), better than the Scorpions. Would probably opt for the hard tail 'S' models over the new 'R' models on looks alone (especially for the retro round headlamp). But they are both way more expensive compared to what I paid back in Feb for our HyperScorpion. And the weight of the battery way up high won't give as good balance and stability as the Scorpions (my assumption).

Super73_S2_3qtrFrnt_Blue_1200x800_1ec0e300-392d-4fc3-801c-777f7dcdfbdc_2048x2048.jpg

Interesting review and video for those who are anxiously awaiting delivery... ;)

The Juiced HyperScorpion is one of the most anticipated electric mopeds of 2020. Pushed behind schedule by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is finally preparing to ship to the first reservation holders later this month. Ahead of the first shipments, Juiced Bikes has released a detailed video showing off the many features and components that set the Juiced HyperScorpion apart from other e-bikes. As founder and CEO of Juiced Bikes Tora Harris explained, the goal of the Juiced HyperScorpion was to create a retro-inspired electric moped that could still appeal to a wide group of present-day riders.

Even with the tall seat option, the guy looks goofy like an adult riding their kid's childrens bike. So, as others have pointed out, this is really not meant for pedaling.

To me, one of the biggest draw for buying an electric bike is wanting to ride a two wheeler, but avoiding the danger of the road. eBikes offer me the option of riding on bike paths, where as I wouldn't feel right riding on bike paths.

There are some YouTube videos of people riding their Scorpion. Some of these guys are doing wheelies and bunny hops. It doesn't look as ridiculous to me as it does to some of the other commenters here. It's not like riding a diamond frame bike; different, not worse. I'm looking forward to getting mine. I have no doubt there will be an adjustment period after putting nearly 5000 miles on the CCS. I also have no doubt that I'll adjust fairly quickly.

There's always something that's going to get ebikes banned from bike paths etc. For a while, it was Class 3 bikes. Now, it's these moped-like bikes.

Frankly, if it happens at all, it will be the idiots who ride, no matter what they're riding.

Here is an updated review from Electrek. Juiced HyperScorpion tech specs
  • Motor: 1,000W (really more) Bafang RetorBlade rear hub motor
  • Top speed: 31.5 mph (50.7 km/h), as tested
  • Range: Up to 70 miles (112 km) on pedal-assist or closer to half that on throttle
  • Battery: 52V 19.2Ah 1,000Wh (removable and lockable)
  • Weight: 102 lb (46 kg)
  • Max load: 275 lb (125 kg)
  • Wheels: 20 inches with 4-inch fat tires, mag-style cast wheels
  • Brakes: Tektro hydraulic disc brakes (180 mm rotors)
  • Front suspension: Hydraulic fork with adjustable pre-load, compression, and lockout
  • Rear suspension: Swingarm with dual adjustable spring coilover shocks
  • Extras: Moped seat, included rear rack, included fenders, large LED headlight and tail/brake light, turn signals, mirrors, alarm, advanced matrix LCD battery meter, kickstand, USB charging, Shimano 8-speed drivetrain

I just picked up a used one, it's fun! Does anybody know what bags fit on the rack?

Looks like Juicued has accessory bags available that may fit the HyperScorpion.

Back