Review of Haibike Sduro Trekking 4.0

i love it; the Yamaha motor is so good and when you hit 20 it doesn't ping pong between 19 and 20 its just gradual

Last edited:
weird mine came with pedals and i got mine 2 weeks ago; BTW two posts up you said you paid $2000 so now you want a 600 profit for truing wheels?

"...a deal deal. Maybe the guys a Republican." - Don Rickles line from "KELLEY'S HEROES"

"...a deal deal. Maybe the guys a Republican." - Don Rickles line from "KELLEY'S HEROES"
weird mine came with pedals and i got mine 2 weeks ago; BTW two posts up you said you paid $2000 so now you want a 600 profit for truing wheels?
The bike was $2000 + tax + shipping and I had to add the pedals. So roughly $2400 out of pocket. The bike costs $3200 + tax + shipping = ~$3400, if you can find one. If I decide to offer a brand new 2020 bike that's $1000 below what people would have to pay from a store for $200 more than what I paid, for my time and effort which is still $800 less than what most people would have to pay for, I don't see what the problem is and the need to try to shame me. Did I commit a crime? 🤔

You're not my family nor a close friend. I have no obligation to offer you or anyone else on this forum for anything less. 🤨 It's still a heck of a deal and no one is forcing you to take it. Tell me if you can find something better for such a quality brand bike for less than what I'm offering it for. :cool:

If you have too much time on you hands, go watch a soap opera instead of trying to create unnecessary drama on this forum. 👎 Most likely, it'll go to my buddy, since I told him if it doesn't sell by today, it's his. 🙄

Last edited:
Well, my wife changed her mind and now wants to keep it. I’m glad she did since it’s a pretty awesome bike.

Good to hear it !

I've been meaning to ask you, did you notice much of a difference(handling, effort, range) in your bike when you trued your wheels?

Both of the wheels on my Haibike are out of true, and I've been avoiding dealing with it as one just got worse when I tried to adjust the spokes by sound.

I haven’t really taken it out for a long ride since I’m still waiting on the pedals. I took the pedals from my other Haibike and used it for a few short rides.

In regard to truing, I have a good truing stand that I spent couple of hours truing just the front wheel. I can’t rely on the tone method. When I finished truing, it wasn’t perfect, but more than good enough, the portions of the wheel was maybe little less than 1mm off, if that. The relative spoke tension ended up being about 100TGF to about 140TGF which is good enough for me.

The wheel didn’t that bad from visual inspection so I left those alone for now.

I will add that the bike feels very smooth for such a big bike. I can ride it with the motor turned off easily in most of the gear range, which was a surprise.

Back