Retrofitting Front Turn Signal to Existing eBike With Integrated Rear Signals

boba7523

Region
USA
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to add front turn signals to my Aniioki A8 Dual Motor. This ebike comes with headlight and a taillight that has integrated turn signal; it's just missing front signals.. The headlight and taillight are connected to the display and can be turned on/off via main ebike switche that also controls the PAS and display menu settings. The turn signal itself has a separate switch with horn.

The rear taillight which has the integrated turn signal only has one black cable, so I probably need to open it up to see what's inside. But I'm wondering if I can just splice front turn signal wire to the rear? Would I risk burning the wire or controller, or any other issues with this?

This is the front blinkers I was looking at. They come with rear which I won't be installing.

Thanks in advance!

You can absolutely splice in turn signals to the rear signals. Just be sure to check the voltage of the supply to the rear turn signals. It could be full pack voltage. If you get 12v motorcycle lights and hook them up to a 48v supply. Sure, it could work for a bit, but the light will eventually short itself out and damage the controller. I used a similar kit to the one you linked. I just didn’t have the front portion. I used some old Ethernet cable and extended the wire from the rear turn signals to the front. I like to use 24 or 23 AWG. 26AWG is just too small.

This is a handy bracket that I’ve been looking to mount my front lights to.

What kind of shop would do these installation? An Ebike specific shop? I'm mechanically inclined but have zero knowledge on electronics. I can follow DIYs very well but otherwise the last thing I want to do is burn up my entire controller because I wanted to add turn signals.....

Im not sure if any bike shop would touch this install. You can call around though. You also might want to try an automotive shop, perhaps a motorcycle shop.

Back