Resist all negative thinking…

Yes, I have noticed that behavior from you directly both in posts and definately in PMs when you were losing an argument. Are you blind to your own behavior or perhaps just above it all
I see Stefan often attacked here, but I for one enjoy his posts, and often learn from them. I'm impressed by how knowledgeable he is.

We all have personality quirks that may annoy someone else, and thankfully our friends are mostly able to overlook them. I find it really distressing to get caught up in a flame war.

I find it astonishingly easy to not read a post by someone I'd rather ignore.

Negativity online is draining, and focusing on the positive aspects makes life richer. The four agreements offer timeless wisdom — especially the one about not taking things personally.

Funnily enough, it has a little to do with the internet. It is all about the human nature.

Only in 1831, a German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer published the book "Eristic Dialectic: The Art of Winning an Argument". Even if scholars met face to face in those times, they used many dishonest arguments just to win a discussion. Schopenhauer listed as many as 38 ways of winning the discussion, and sadly these are the same as used today on the internet.

The ultimate stratagem #38, Argumentum Ad Personam (become personal, insulting, rude) is the proof the person resorting to it has lost the discussion. In modern terms, such a person deserves an Ignore. Have you people noticed Argumentum Ad Personam has become the only modus operandi for several users (trolls, stalkers) here on EBR Fora?
aka "argumentum ad hominem"

Funnily enough, it has a little to do with the internet. It is all about the human nature.

Only in 1831, a German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer published the book "Eristic Dialectic: The Art of Winning an Argument". Even if scholars met face to face in those times, they used many dishonest arguments just to win a discussion. Schopenhauer listed as many as 38 ways of winning the discussion, and sadly these are the same as used today on the internet.

The ultimate stratagem #38, Argumentum Ad Personam (become personal, insulting, rude) is the proof the person resorting to it has lost the discussion. In modern terms, such a person deserves an Ignore. Have you people noticed Argumentum Ad Personam has become the only modus operandi for several users (trolls, stalkers) here on EBR Fora?

What I notice the most is mob rule, once a person is targeted, they try to dehumanise them which brings in more personal attacks, then they start feeding off each other to post the most horrible responses.
They will start to invent an entire back story for the person, right down to accusing them of serious crimes, then that becomes the truth.
I'm sure it's a mirror of a million conflicts and genocides.
We must remember, everything we write on the internet, everything we consume is being harvested and analysed by academia with super computers.
I fear their solutions might be worse than the disease.

Trying to concentrate on positive things as much as possible, but with everything going on in the world now, it is not that easy. What really helps me is when I step up and do something for the good of others. This month, my family will participate in the CarToDonate project, and we will send our old family vehicle to Ukraine. The team is transforming those cars into functional medical vehicles, which will save lives in the future.

Last edited:
Trying to concentrate on positive things as much as possible, but with everything what is going on in the world now , it is not that easy
Especially if you have kids who might well face a very different world than ours.

However, keeping your body awash in stress hormones and your brain awash in anger and thoughts of doom is a recipe for a short and miserable life.

One good antidote is simple gratitude. Not advocating a head in the sand approach to our many very real problems. Just take time everyday to be thankful for the many good things we have — starting with ebikes, of course.

Some people do that in prayer, but by no means does it have to be a religious thing.

Another good antidote is to stay in the moment whenever possible. As a reminder to myself, I like to the fly code flags "BHN" for "Be Here Now".

20230120_144141(0).jpg

Trying to concentrate on positive things as much as possible, but with everything what is going on in the world now , it is not that easy
I have to often turn off the news and notifications, and listen to my favorite music. Enhances my mood right away. Technology and immediate information has its downsides.

Putting your phone, radio and TV away, on a forced time-out, can do wonders. Ride a bike, sit outside in the sun, read a book of fiction, whatever calms you.

And sometimes this also means staying away from the EBR site. Phones and websites are addictive.

Last edited:
Post #25. @Chargeride .
I fell into this mob rules show when I was new member. Now I try my best to not post anything offensive towards other members.
Stefan was targeted with insults and I started to do so following the mob and now I feel kinda bad for doing so.
I was targeted in Wattwagon forum members when I was new member
Looking back now wattwagons forum members majorities have vanished.

Back