Resale Value

bugnut

Hello all, I was wondering what would be a fair price for my AM1000? It is the high end model with 1000 miles and in excellent condition. Love the Bike and will be buying another FREY. Thanks

Attachments

• my frey 4.jpg
    my frey 4.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 321
its a hard one that due to there being a fair few out there, i do think however its supply and demand, there is a Facebook page that might help with that question.

i did see a post a while back where a guy had bought a Frey EX Pro rode it a couple of times then sold it for what he paid for it including all the transport costs, this is mainly down to people not wanting to wait 6 months for a bike.

have a gander at this page if you have Facebook you can join and comment if not you can still flick through the pages.

Hello all, I was wondering what would be a fair price for my AM1000? It is the high end model with 1000 miles and in excellent condition. Love the Bike and will be buying another FREY. Thanks
If Frey will transfer the warranty you should be able to get close to what you paid. If not, plan on taking a substantial hit (20-35%) on what you paid. What you do have going for you however, is the fact it is hard to get a bike that well equipped in a timely manner. Also, package it up with a helmet and any upgrades you added to increase your asking price. It appears you are on the East coast so probably not the ideal time to sell a bike.

Depends on the market location. I wouldn't guess that Long Island is a mtb mecca, as compared to many other places. Around me, an eMtb is a devil machine tearing up single trails like a motorcycle. I'll be lucky to get half if and when I sell my eMtb.

Local market forces will determine the value , but given the lead times and general lack of branded stocks in stores etc, you may well find a keen buyer leaving you with little loss (15%). Not that its a lot of use but i've seen this week in UK eBay 3-4yr old mediocre/entry level ebikes make 50-60% their original sales price, and that's models known to have issues with battery longevity/faults. I guess people think £600 (ca US$800 is a cheap ebike and worth a punt)

If you have a bike shop nearby that can package and ship it.. You'll likely make a profit even, seeking on eBay or forums.

Don't know the current value, but I bet you'll do better listing it on here in wanted to buy/sell than on Ebay or Craigslist. Targeted market matters.

Remembered this post and did a search, so here's a formula by @byunbee that works well enough

I think the formula is probably pretty accurate but what about upgrades, ie, adding suspension fork, seatpost, suspension stem etc.

You should be able to get close to what you paid for it. Upgrades don’t necessarily add value unless the person buying it should have done the same upgrades. A Watt Wagons X1 controller even at $700 would probably add near that because they add 20% to the range and make the bike way more enjoyabl. Different bars, brakes or shocks would maybe add 50% of their value.
Gary

Back