Report of my first 4000 miles on a CCS (also my first 5 months of owning it)

I'd be curious to see what kind of mileage, reliability, and maintenance mid-drive bike owners are getting, but this thread demonstrates why I still prefer hub drive bikes for commuting even though mid-drive is in vogue these days. Independent motor and pedal drive systems, less drivetrain wear, etc. make for a tank of a commuter bike.

These reports are great to read and are similar to what I've been finding. I got mine in July and just crossed 2000 miles. I've got 50 miles a day commuting. I had to replace the rear tire due to a flat. I had to replace the seat collar due to slipping. Other than that everything else is stock. Just replaced the front brake pads, which were almost gone. LOTS of starting/stopping on my commute and the rainy weather commuting have accelerated the wear and tear, I think. Other than that, the bike has been good for my needs. I cruise mostly in 1-2 level of assistance unless i'm stuck on a busy road where I go up to 3 or S to keep pace with traffic a bit easier. It shaves about 30 minutes off my commute which is nice. All in all, a good, solid, purchase that has kept me bike commuting!

Back