Removing the Display computer from Specialized 4 Como

Hello again @Travelbugblues. Hopefully you got some time on your Como after you healed up. On my wife's Como3 it just twists off a quarter turn counter clockwise. On mine it appears to be held to a back plate with a screw, but I haven't tried to remove it b/c still riding. If it doesn't seem easy, I wouldn't bother. I just removed the wife's battery and covered the compartment. In an unheated garage.

I don't believe the display on the newer Como/Vado bikes is intended to be removed as they are hardwired into the bike's electrical harness. They are equipped with the Turbo Connect Display - Wired version (TCD-W). AFAIK this applies to the 2020 and newer bikes. Como/Vado bikes with the older BLOKS display can have the display removed.

The TCD-W display does have a battery that needs to be replaced when the 'LO BAT' icon flashes in the lower left of the display. To do this I removed the handlebar bracket from the bike and then removed the small metal plate at the back of the display. A plastic cover over the battery and the USB service port then pops off.

BTW - The battery is a CR 1220, not the larger CR 2032 referenced in my display instruction sheet.

We also store our bike batteries in the house when the weather turns cold, but don't worry about the display battery, which is why I probably needed to replace the display battery after 19 months! We do store the main batteries at ~50% charge.

Back