Removal of battery on Synapse Neo 1

Antbrewer

I have just removed my battery on my Neo 1 to see if there were any charging indicator lights on the battery itself. There at the bottom. That's fine.
However to remove the battery in the first place I had to unscrew the bottle cage on the seat tube. The battery being a solid and substantial lump would not come out until the cage was removed.
This is surely a badly thought out design. The whole point of having a detachable battery is for charging away from the bike but to have to remove other components first is clearly barmy and time wasting.
Anyone else noticed this or have any comments on this design flaw as I see it.
Antbrewer

Hi for what’s my experience is with Synapse Neo SE and Topstone NeonLefty3 , the bottle cage do not need to be removed.I confirm anyhow ,the removal is not so smooth as expected and not so easy like with the Fazua’s or Ebikemotion’s downtube battery.
I would added while the Synapse SE own a Al frame, the Topstone is carbon much more delicate and easy to scratch or demage.
Regards
Blackvipergts

I have to fix a different design cage to avoid this problem. After looking in the market I had no idea of the various designs out there. There are so many. I am sure it will not be a problem

I notice the bike has two sets of cage mounts. Are you using both? If you are only using one, the primary mount is the down tube mount. I know a lot of people use the seat tube mounts first, because they think the bottle needs to be upright. But you can remove and replace the bottle when riding much easier with the down tube mount; you do not have to reach between your legs and pull in an awkward fashion. This is why old bikes that had only one mount had it on the down tube and not the seat tube.

Obviously this does not help you if you are using both positions, but if you are only using the seat tube mount, don't. It is one of my pet peeves. 🤣

Here is the solution: the Topeak QR Cagemount
qr-cagemount-2.jpg
qr-cagemount-3.jpg

I have just been to the local bike dealers which are open on a Sunday happily. Have bought a different cage with easy clearance when removing battery. I just didn't realise there was such a choice.
I always have two bottles if possible because I need to drink plenty of water . I just don't drink enough like many cyclists I think. I agree with you Nova regarding using the bottle on the down tube. When that is empty I then transfer the bottle from the seat tube. I have never given a thought to whether the bottle should be upright.

Great forum this ! I just ask a question and folk from as far away as North Virginia and Italy respond. Brilliant. If only they could send a replacement without my having to go to the local bike shop which takes all of 5 mins on my bike?????

Seriously folks I think this is great and much appreciated.
Think I need a drink of water now
Anthony

Nova
I have only just seen your attached file of the removable bracket.. Never seen that before .That is brilliant but having just forked out £4.50 I am very happy.

Thanks again for your thoughts and comments.
Anthony

Nice to hear You solved . I always used to bottle cages , one for the liquid ( max 1lt, standard 0,65 lt) and one for the tools
Co2-mini-pump-multi-tool-spare tube-brakeclips..)
Here few pictures:
IMG_1984.jpeg
IMG_5087.jpeg
(
IMG_2116.jpeg

:D:D:D ..The Diverge Sworks was the last muscular till my heart health problem 😭😭
The Synapse Neo SE has been a ...<bridge> bike waiting for the final one Topstone Lefty3.
In details I rode:
17.500 km with the Diverge S-Works ( sold)
2.500 km with the Synapse Neo SE ( on rent )
350 km with the Topstone Neo Letfy 3
Rgds
Blackvipergts

Back