removable display

bklynjim

Hey Guys,
My Stromer arrives tomorrow - can't wait. I've been thinking about the best way to secure it when I take it on errand runs. I don't think the display is easily removed. Has anyone though of a way to make it removable? I'm in NYC so I'm worried some one might just rip it off.

It would take a screwdriver to remove the display and you have to unhook the cable to the brake and down to the controller, not hard but that is what you would have to do. You can lock the computer so a code is needed to be entered before the use of the motor is allowed. Riding a Stromer without help from the motor will not last long.

Hey Guys,
My Stromer arrives tomorrow - can't wait. I've been thinking about the best way to secure it when I take it on errand runs. I don't think the display is easily removed. Has anyone though of a way to make it removable? I'm in NYC so I'm worried some one might just rip it off.
One simple solution is to cover it. If someone knows ebikes and Stromer, this will be of no help. But to the casual bike mischievouser (not a word), out of sight, out of mind.

I have a simple waterproof clear label on the steering stem that reads, "GPS Locator Enabled X15TS470P" ...........total bullshit but again to the impulse driven bike thief, this might help.

Thanks guys. I like the GPS Label idea. I was thinking I could splice in some waterproof quick disconnect connectors for the wires. Something like these.
http://www.whiteproducts.com/connectors.shtml
I'm not sure about the mount though. Using a screwdriver would be too much effort.
I'll probably just leave it or get a cover like 86 suggested.

Back